Snow Fights and Date Night

"I can explain!" Cora said, blocking the door as Ruby was about to run out.

"Explain away," she said, crossing her arms.

"Well, you're having a dream... And you will wake up tomorrow morning," Cora said, trying to lie but failing miserably.

"Seriously?" Ruby and William said with unamused faces.

"I never had to lie to someone before.... except Kara and Aunt Alura and Uncle Zor El... but my mouth was full of cake that time," she rambled on.

"Cora!" Ruby shouted. "The truth, please."

"My name is Cora Lor El of the now dead planet Krypton. I was sent with my sister, Kara by our aunts and uncles to keep us safe and to protect our baby cousin Kal El-"

"Superman?!" Ruby asked, interrupting her.

"Yes. But an astroid crashed into my pod, sending me drifting across space for decades. I got caught in a tractor beam belonging to a city, Argo, that survived my planet's destruction. That's where Kara found me a few days ago."

"Wow. That's awesome!" Ruby exclaimed. "Not awesome that you crashed into an asteroid or that your planet died. Awesome that a part of your planet survived," she added quickly.

"It is, isn't it?" Cora said. "Ruby, you cannot tell a single soul about what I told you tonight. Or about what you saw. Can I trust you?"

"You sent that bully flying across the room. Heck yeah you can trust me!" Ruby said, earning a high five from her and William. "So, what else can you do?"

*************************************

"Do you think the place is still intact?" Oliver asked as they reached Kara's apartment.

"Maybe," Kara chuckled and opened the door. Both of them stopped dead in their tracks when they saw the room.

There were bags of popcorn in the table that looked as if they exploded. There were piles of snow in each corner of the room, with an ice fort in its center. Snowballs were being tossed back and forth before one hit Oliver's chest.

"What the hell?!" he yelled and the little war ceased.

"Hey Dad, we were just...uh...it was Cora's idea!" William said, pointing at her. He then got a snowball to the face.

"Traitor!"

"What happened? Where is Ruby?" Kara asked. Ruby shyly stuck her head out of one of the forts.

"Its my fault. I asked Cora how she managed to throw Stephanie across the room, they got nervous, I noticed something off with that wall and Cora lost control of her heat vision and hit it. Then it revealed your original Supergirl suit and I put two and two together," she said, with her head down.

"Well, it seems like a shame to waste a good snowball fight," Kara said, looking over at Oliver, who already had a snowball. The three teens smiled at each other. The war continued again with Kara and Oliver in a team.

*************************************

Mia used her set of keys to open the door of her mom's apartment. She was surprised to find the room covered in snow.

"Hey Mia!" William called from the floor, panting after all the snowball fighting.

"Hey, Will," Mia said as she set a bag of groceries on the kitchen counter, wiping away the snow covering it.

"So this is your sister from the future?" she heard a sort of familiar voice ask. Ruby was sitting next to Cora who was gathering up the snow. She and Kara had begun moving it outside, melting it so that it fell down the water drain.