Wildest dreams

I don't know when I slept, but I stirred as I felt somebody's presence around me. I woke up in panic to see blurred figures all around me. What the hell, there are people in my bedroom?! I rub my eyes, and stare again. There are four Angels. Four angels in my bedroom. I repeat it again, slowly, for my brain to register.

All the angels look alike. Actually, it's difficult to differentiate, but by staring at them for the last few minutes I could make out some minute differences. They are clad with milk white robes and have wings on their backs. They are smiling at me. I'm amused to find them in my room, sitting around me on the corners of my bed, my panic long forgotten. It's kind of crazy to think they are real. I take in my surroundings to find my room covered with snow and realize it's quite chilly. I covered myself with a blanket and looked at the angels questioningly to find their glances on me. I'm afraid if I open my mouth or even move, they might disappear.

It's the first time I'm having guests in this apartment so I don't want them to leave anytime soon. Their presence invigorated me. The aura is heavenly, it's so soothing. Their charms seemed to be working, because I felt my heart at ease. I was mesmerized by them. Are they really Angels? What do they want from me? Did they come to bless me? Or to grant me a wish? Or to take my life? I clutched my blanket around me tightly as if it will keep my soul from leaving my body. But they didn't seem to be like that. Were they sent by my parents to look after me?

One Angel kept her hand on my arm and gave me a reassuring smile.

"We came here to enlighten you about something. It's about your past birth. Don't you ever feel, it's so unfair to not be loved by anyone?"

Her voice was very smooth and gentle, but reverberated in the room. I gave a thought to what she said, and nodded as it was true.

Another Angel spoke out this time.

"So, you have lost your faith in love and you don't want it anymore, isn't it? "

I felt a piercing pain in my heart on hearing the question. But however painful, it was the truth. With tearful eyes, I looked at her and nodded my head again.

"It's all because of the curse you got in your last birth. You are just paying for that." stated another Angel.

I was flabbergasted with the revelation. What is she saying?! Do things like these happen? Is this real? But who knew I'd be talking to angels in my bedroom one day! If this could happen then anything could be true... Maybe my mind is playing tricks to get comfort from the heartbreak. Interrupting my never-ending debate, the last Angel narrated the mystery of my last birth.

"There is a Kingdom named Sanchali. The King is Santhanu. He has a beautiful and brilliant daughter, Sammohana Devi, the Princess of Sanchali. She learned Sanskrit and read all the Vedas from childhood. She knows Archery, sword fighting, horse riding. She is the only heiress to her father and the Kingdom, so she learned enough to get crowned next to her father. Maybe because of her special talents or because of her position, she has immense arrogance. She will donate to the needy on every event she finds, but treats them lowly.

Her father once asked her if she was ready for marriage while they were discussing future plans. She hadn't thought about it till that time, so she asked him to give her some time.

Upon thinking a lot, she decided to get married to a person who will be better than her in everything and he should have some specific qualities, she thought, and must be a Prince. She decided to marry only the guy who gets ticked off everything on her list. Her father was astonished with her determination. Anyway, he wanted to let her choose her groom, so he announced a Swayamvaram/Groom choosing ceremony.