We are never ever getting back together

"So, you were selected."

"Yes Rocky. I'm so happy," I squealed joyously.

"Okay Papa, okay. Don't make my ears bleed. Congratulations by the way."(Papa in Telugu is a female child, used as an endearment too)

"Thank you Rocky. I'll throw you a party after you come here."

"Sure. For now, I'm buying stuff, so I'll call you back later. Bye. "

"Bye Rocky."

I'm on cloud nine. This promotion means a lot. Now I can work on the same floor as him. Can directly talk to him. Can see him more.

I ordered Pizza. While waiting for that, Pramila auntie, the maid of my grandparents' home, called me.

"Hello auntie, how are you? "

"I'm fine amma. What about you? Is everything okay there?" I heard sadness in her voice.

"I'm good. Why are you so dull?"

"Actually, I called for a help. I don't know how to phrase this."

"Don't hesitate. You are my well-wisher and took care of my grandparents for so long. You don't have to feel bad about asking for help. Now, tell me what's bothering our Pramila auntie?"

"My son is in Hyderabad. He lost his job a week back and now he is short of money. I called him to come back but he was not listening to me. He wants to earn money on his own. If possible, for you, recommend some job, even as a watchman, it's okay for him. "

"I am also new here, so I don't know many people. But I will do something about it since your son is so adamant about it. Give him my number and ask him to call me. "

"Thanks, amma. God bless you with happiness and wealth."

After hanging up, I thought about it. I got a brilliant idea.

When he called, I asked him to meet tomorrow evening in a nearby coffee shop.

I slept happily.

Next day, Thursday

I went to work in my best office attire. I got promoted so now I have my own cabin and have some more privileges. Dheeraj introduced me to the staff though they know me and instructed all my duties. I still listened to him.

First day passed with the intros and getting familiar of the environment.

By evening, I got call from Suri, who is the son of Pramila auntie.

I told him the idea. To deliver flowers with messages. It's almost like a bouquet shop except it's online and sender's details can be kept hidden if they want. I created a website, I showed him how all this works. I paid him Rs.15,000 as his monthly salary, as advance since he is in the need of money. I asked him to take a shop for rent, buy flowers and a system with printer for the messages. I will give the capital amount. He is very happy to get the job but has doubts about the success. I too don't know whether it works out or not.

Friday went so pleasantly with my two favorites, my work and Dheeraj.

Saturday

Since God listened to my prayers and worked in my favor, I am going to temple today. I would have felt lonely if I stayed in that apartment during the weekend. Rocky will come on Sunday. While I reached temple. I bought the "Pooja Samagri" (things required for prayer).

I went inside and offered my prayers. I sat there for some time in peace. I heard a voice that felt familiar and turned towards it. Dheeraj!! Wow! He came for his vehicle Pooja. I hid behind a pillar and watched him until he came inside again. I pretended I hadn't seen him, and folded my hands in front of God and closed my eyes. I counted until 10 then I opened my eyes and looked sideways as much as normal permits. But he was gone. So much for my excitement!!