Love Story

I wanted to take a leave, at least, for a week. But that means running away. Not facing the truth. I wanted to be a changed person but taking leave definitely means running away. So, I choose to go to the office.

I dragged myself to the office somehow. I avoided facing as much as I can. The flood of my tears does not have a limit. I lied and said that I had the flu.

Dheeraj called me to discuss the updates on the app. I prepared mentally for 10 minutes, not to break down in front of him.

I knocked and went inside. It's just blur. My vision was blurry with unshed tears. I wept in a tissue I brought. He looked startled to see me like that.

"Hey what happened? Are you sick? You should have taken a leave. "

"I am fine. It's just the flu."

"But you don't look okay. "

"I really am fine. Just tell me what you called me for. "

We discussed a little. I was so eager to leave. I can't watch him without thinking about future.

"I wanted to tell you something Mohana."

"Hmm."

"My parents arranged a date yesterday. The alliance is almost set. Their family has a good status in the society. She is their only daughter. Her name is Shaking. Uncle said he will help me make this firm independent. It's not just money though. They understand me. After all, family support is the biggest asset one can ever ask for. Isn't it?"

"Yes. Family has a crucial value in life. "

"I just wanted to tell you this, because you have become a good friend."

"As a good friend, I wish you all the best."

With that, I walked out of his office. Did he have to tell me all of that? It's like mocking my pathetic life. Every word of his, pierced my heart. Family is always a sensitive subject for me.

Suri called me in the evening to ask why I haven't sent messages today. I asked him to stop sending flowers starting tomorrow. If possible, to also shut down the shop. But he said that the shop is in profits and is making good progress. So, he hesitated to do what I say. I understand his intentions and didn't say anything.

Rocky called to check on me. I couldn't stop myself from sharing everything with him. He is the only considerable friend and family I have. He came over to my apartment with lots of food and ice cream. He consoled me and fed me. We talked for some time and he slept on the sofa.

After a week of coping with my heart break, I am still as sensitive as stones piled on each other. One touch, everything will fall. Today the app is being finalized. A meeting was held announcing it. I named it Roopa.

After the official meeting, Dheeraj asked me to meet in his office. When I went, he was in a very cheerful mood. I gave him the best smile I could manage.

"Hey, I called you here to tell you about the patents. We will both have equal rights on the app."

"Thank you, for attaching my name. It means a lot. "

"No need to thank me. The app was your idea. I want to tell you this, to access, to make any changes, we both have to enter the password."

"Why? When I leave, how will you open it? I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why would you leave?"

"It's just, my grandparents are sick and my parents want me to return home and get married before they die." I lied.