Delicate

After two days, I decided on going to the office, albeit with full mental preparation. So much has changed in me. I'm a determined lady now.

When he entered the office, it took what seemed like the strength of three elephants to not look at him. Not exaggerating. He has that charisma. If only I had the world's time, I would spend every minute just looking at him. My eyes are competing with each other just to get a better view of him. How much can I praise him? He had all my good words. Can I spend even a minute without him on my thoughts?

I looked at him discreetly until he entered the elevator.

I sighed and started my work. I was disturbed by my colleague's chitchats. If it doesn't involve Dheeraj's name, I might not have bothered. But they did. So, my ears are strained, trying to catch every word of their gossiping.

The conclusion of their banter is, yesterday my senior, that evil spawn, had to submit the designs. Since I was not there, she used her own. Those designs were an utter flop. My boss got angered and dismissed her on spot saying, 'before complaining about juniors and stealing their work, you should have worked for the salary you are receiving.'

I'm so happy to hear that. There's a sadistic smile spread across my lips. So, the post for senior designer is vacant now. I went to reception and inquired about it. Today, there's an announcement about the vacancy and application. Interviews will be tomorrow. Oh, that's so quick. I'm glad I came today itself. I went to my desk and applied for the post. Last time, the HR conducted interviews but this time, the boss himself is going to conduct interviews. I added all my achievements, diplomas and degrees to the resume. I have to get selected at any cost. This will be a great opportunity to stay close to him in office. There will be direct communication. It's like giving a juice bottle to a person travelling in desert under a scorching hot Sun.

The next day

Though I didn't believe in God much, I offered a small prayer in my heart and promised to visit temple on Saturday.

I've never been this nervous about anything, even during my campus interviews. But today is different. I will be alone with him for at least 10 minutes. I want to present my best self to him.

There are at least 25 members attending the interview. From the company, there are three people including me. I called Rocky to relieve my nerves.

Soon I was called by the attender. I patted myself to do better. I corrected my hair and posture before entering his office.

"Excuse me sir!"

"Yeah, come in." he said keeping his head into the file.

I went inside, "Good morning, sir." I announced my presence.

He looked at me, only to his eyes widened with surprise. I already have lost fifty percent of chances because of the last times events. What now!?

"You are Mohana!!?"

"Yes sir, I'm....I am Mohana Shivani, currently working as .... junior designer in your company."

"You worked in the Parna's!! That's impressive. That too as a senior designer! What are you even doing here?"

"I am..... junior designer, .... that I told you earlier."

"That's not I am asking. Parna is one of India's great companies and you have a fantastic educational background. Why did you leave it and join here, as an assistant? May I know the reason?"

"It's....its personal. It's not like.... they didn't suspend...nor dismiss me, I choose to.... leave. I didn't think that I .... I didn't have work ethics because of the past incident."

"How can I think like that when the superior of your previous work place, wrote a recommendation letter stating not to leave such a gem."

"It's just.... Because of last.... time"

"Do you have any problem with your speech, I mean are you a stammerer?"

"No, no I'm just nervous."

"Okay, I'm sorry. You don't have to be nervous. You were saying something? "

"About the complaint you received about me is just a misunderstanding. I kept our company logo as my wallpaper. That's it."

I'm lying... Yes, because that's what Rocky advised me to do earlier when I called him. 'Boys won't care about the girls chasing them' so you shouldn't let your feelings get exposed easily. That's what Rocky said.

"Ohh! you should have told this on that day. I'm really sorry for shouting on you. I was in a bad mood. "

"It's okay Sir. I know what happened about the Lasya's order."

"How do you know?"

"I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that I have contacts. I like to know what is happening in the field."

"That's a good trait. Okay. Let's get into this interview. Since you are already working here, what are the differences in both these companies?"

"Both the companies have different strategies and infrastructure. There will be differences since Parna designs have been established for 25 years and Royal Regimes dates from two and a half years back. While Parna has experienced staff, Royal Regime is full of young blood. They work with a prior plan and here we go on-spot improvisation."

"Alright. Your next question is, what is your SWOT analysis about Parna?"

"I think you are questioning my loyalty. I cannot tell you that."

"Even if you were going to lose this job?"

"Yes, I will be a loyal rejected person, better than a cheating selected person."

"That might not be a smart decision. "

"Smartness is always dominated by faithfulness. I believe in my values."

"Okay. Why did you choose to work as a junior designer in this even though you were overqualified?"

"When I came here, I need to find a job immediately. Then I found out there were vacancies. So, I applied. I am always fond of learning; I want to know what happens at the bottom level. Royal Regimes is known for their artistic designs. This will be good for my career too."

He stared at me for a few minutes in a deep-thinking posture.

"Hmm. Okay then. I'm concluding this. You will receive a mail about the results by this evening. All the best," he said smiling and forwarded his hand. I shook his hand. His palm is large. His hold is firm. The touch is warm. This moment frozen for me. There is a glow from him spreading to me. I can see flowers raining on us. Stars twinkling. Violin playing. It was mesmerizing. Until he left my hand. Boom. Everything disappeared in a snap.

I returned to my desk. All I was thinking about is his presence. His smile. His enthusiasm. His touch. I'm sounding like a creep, even to me.

My tension did not leave until I received the mail.

To be continued.......