Lover

He asked me with a smile,

"Will you marry me Kiddo? "

"Haa?" I'm flabbergasted.

He inserted the ring into my finger grabbing my hand. I felt numb. Everyone is taking photos of us. I felt the surrounding are spinning. I clutched his hand strongly for support. He took me into his arms. I looked at me in confusion. Is this even real?

"Can we have a minute privately?" I whispered in his ear.

He excused his parents and friends. I followed him into a suit nearby. He hugged me just after closing the door. I stood as a statue. I couldn't comprehend anything.

He released me from his hands and started into my eyes.

"What happened Moha?"

"Are you really my childhood friend? "

"Yes, my parents are the proof for that."

"From when did you know that I'm kiddo? What about your alliance? Have you loved me as Mohana or as just kiddo? Is this just a marriage proposal or have you loved me?" I'm hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey, control Moha. Slow down. Take this water and drink it. I will tell everything."

"Actually, I know you from a long time, before you joined in our company. I saw you when I came to a conference in Parna's. While talking to the CEO, I asked about you. She talked about you with pride. I'm impressed. But I don't have the courage to come and tell you. And you are so busy at that time. After returning from the conference also, I couldn't forget you. I thought it was just an attraction.

Later, almost after four months, I saw you here, in my office. But as a junior assistant. I couldn't understand. I asked the HR about your posting but he too didn't know the reason. From that time, there are changes in the designs, patterns and work. I can clearly differentiate them from old ones. But when I asked the Senior designer at that me, she told it's her own work. After somedays it's proven that it's not hers. When I heard about it, I laughed so much.

I used to observe you a lot. I find you looking at me so many times but I thought it was just my mind playing with me.

It was the day, when the company didn't make the deal that we are so much invested, I'm in so much frustration. That day, she brought a complaint about you I'm not in my right mood so I shouted on you.

When you didn't come after day, I regretted it so much. I kind of missed you on that day. Though we didn't talk, I liked your presence.

I acted as I was surprised, when I saw you in the interview just to cover up that I already know you. I totally got wooed with your answers. Though I'm ready to give the job even if you didn't answer any, but you proved that you deserved it. I liked your spirit on that day.

From that day, you are more available to my eyes. I'm so gleeful about it. You shared your own business idea with me. That showed how much you value me.

When I started receiving flowers and those small envelopes with beautiful love message, I had hunch that they might be from you. I enquired about the sender's details. Suri, that guy is so loyal to you. Didn't he? He refused to reveal the details. Pramila auntie and I talked on that night we stayed in Araku. After you left, she came. She told a lot about you. She told me that you helped his son to start a flower business. When we returned from the tour, I talked to him about you and told him how much I like you. He confirmed that it's you, who used to send me the flowers. But why you stopped? Is it because of Shalini? I missed those love notes. I wait for them like a kid wait for his candy. The last note you send

"The moth goes near the fire and dies even after knowing it's going to burn. My love for you is more than that."

You don't have to get burned to get my love. You just have to open up and confront me. Shalini is a friend. My parents are pressuring me to get married to her. So, I went on a date with and told her about you. She encouraged me to propose you. But I don't know what's in your mind so I just pushed you about her to get a reaction. But you being you said all the best and went away. Again, back to square one.

In the tour, I wanted to become open about my feelings to you and wanted to propose. But you are rigid. I don't know what's stopping you.

Then you took us to your home, that day I realized you are the kiddo, my childhood buddy. I don't know how to react. I thought you deliberately hadn't called me or you might have forgotten me because you are too young to mean the things you promise. But you told how much you cried for losing my contact, and stating that that I am the only guy who didn't broke your heart that too looking at me, it's just the last string to break. I'm so consumed with your confession that I became speechless.

After I made up my mind to tell you that I am the friend you lost contact, I came outside. You are so gloomy. I felt so bad about myself for talking to you about family on that day. I tried to console you. I want to give you all the happiness in the world to you. I wanted to tell you that I will be there for you, I will be the person you can lean on. Until you resisted me, I haven't realized that you deserved a proper way to let you know my feelings. I am a coward to drag our issue this late. I'm sorry for that.

Moha, my kiddo, I love you so much. Thank you for not giving up on me. Like you said, in the childhood, I will treat you like a princess. Please give me a chance to prove it."

By this time, as you can expect, I'm in tears. So much is happening around me from past few still I don't know. With his confession, he relieved from my curse, from the cage of loneliness. I thanked the Angels for encouraging me to begin again.

I am smiling now, because of him. He doesn't know how much he made me happy me with his proposal.

"You didn't answer " he probed me.

"I too love you my Prince."

Finally!! But they are not having a happily ever after. Because it's the beginning of their love story, involving both of them, two sides of love.

So, hope you have read an entertaining story. Don't give up on your loved ones. And just because you failed a relationship, doesn't mean it's your end. Explore the world.

-ArinShaik