12: Most people just aren't patient enough to stay and see the real him

|12: Most people just aren't patient enough to stay and see the real him|

"Favorite food?"

"Anything spicy,"

"Really? I absolutely hate spicy things. How much spice can you handle?"

"Is this really important?"

"Duh. It's crucial for one of my paragraphs I intend on writing! Now, how spicy are we talking?"

"... Pretty spicy. I'd tell you but you'd freak out... I've already had Toryn pass out from just witnessing me do it," I chuckle at the memory.

Toryn can stomach many things, but I guess my chill reaction to super spicy things is one thing he can't stomach. I'm being serious. Toryn actually passed out.

"Now I'm interested. Tell me,"

"Um... well... I eat ghost peppers for fun at least a couple times a month... and I can do without getting hot and all that," I explain to Nemo while picking at my orange chicken with a fork.

"I once ate a carolina reaper pepper and only needed... barely a sip of water. Totally fine afterwards,"

Leigh-Anne purls, noodles dangling out of her mouth. Nemo's eyes twitch as he stares at me.

"How are you not dead?" Nemo blurts, setting his phone down which he is using it to take down my answers and such. I don't know how I feel about my information being in the memory of his phone.

He'll probably delete it.

"I eat a hot cheeto, and I have to chug two percent milk, while dying on the floor next to a spider," he says, "But you're over here eating peppers,"

I laugh at his oddly specific example, "We just have different spice limits! I grew up with family members who really liked turning up the heat,"

It's true. In my family, we're all raised to learn to love and handle spicy things. Or as Grandpa used to put it, 'I ain't raising little bitches, ADD MORE SPICE! Or get the hell out of my house!'

He of course meant it with love. I am eternally grateful for his and Grandma's cooking. Always a perfect mixture of spice, flavor, attitude, screaming, and sometimes sweetness.

Mom doesn't cook, but Grandpa and I try to have home cooked meals at least a couple times per week.

For me, I prefer my meals with a little bit of hot and spice. Cholula? Pfft, I drink the stuff. Tapatio? Next. That nuclear fire sauce? Deliciously salty.

Wasabi? Not a problem. They don't give me enough of it when I purchase those sushi packages.

(A/n: girl is making my tongue hurt-)

"You've probably burnt your taste buds off," Nemo mutters and turns his head to check on Leigh-Anne. She was quietly eating and being in her own little world.

The table shakes as I prop my elbows, resting my head in my hands, "She's got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Well... she's tied with Ryan but still,"

Nemo glances at me, "You're really obsessed with cute and adorable things, y'know that?"

I lift my head from my hands with round eyes, "I mean... you're not wrong but how-"

"I can be quite observant when I want to be. You've also commented on how cute Leigh-Anne is... seven times. Well, eight if you count the one you just said,"