22: That doesn't mean I won't dropkick him into the ocean

|22: That doesn't mean I won't dropkick him into the ocean |

"Babaaaaaa!"

"Yes, Leigh-Anne?"

"You pretty,"

"Thank you, Leigh-Anne. You're pretty too,"

"I know..."

"You're supposed to say thank you, Leigh-Anne,"

"Ugh, tanks. Baba!"

"Yes?"

"Ada prettier," Leigh-Anne giggles, looking over at me with a very wide smile and laughing. I chuckle lightly and Nemo looks over at me with a glare. I shrug my shoulders, closing my eyes for a brief second.

Leigh-Anne sits near my legs, her back leaning against Juju's body as he lies on his stomach. Nemo is sitting with his legs stretched out and he's using my backpack as a pillow for his head.

An hour has passed and we're still at the park. I'm pretty sure Juju is tired from all the running he's been doing and you know what, I don't blame him.

Leigh-Anne taps my leg and I look at her, "Ada! What matter with Juice Juice?"

"He's just tired," I answer her gently while reaching over and petting Juju's head, "You tuckered him out,"

"Oh no!" she gasps, her eyes wide, "If Juice Juice tired, then I tired too,"

Leigh-Anne then shuffles around so that her tiny body lies besides Juju's. She giggles, "Night night Ada!"

I chuckle, "Goodnight, Leigh-Anne,"

Nemo perks up, looking at Leigh-Anne and shaking his head before putting it back on my backpack.

I fold my legs, pulling my knees close to my chest as I watch Nemo. His gaze is fixated on the sky above us, a lost look in his eyes mixed with a thinking expression.

He's been quiet. At least towards me. But I'm not surprised. It takes a lot of courage to tell things like that to others, and he's probably been struggling with how to tell me. His silence makes me wonder... does he think that I think differently of him now? Because I don't. No way. I'm not like that.

He's still the guy who frowns a lot, he's still the guy who's mostly grumpy, he's still the guy who people love, he's still the guy who tends to be honest, whether it's brutal or not.

He's still Nemo Kademan.

Plus, I haven't walked in his shoes or viewed life through his eyes. It's really not my place to judge him.

"... hey, Nemo?" I speak. In silence, he turns his head to look at me.

"I think you're very brave for telling me," I state and give him a friendly smile, "And nothing's changed... we're still finger bump buddies,"

He looks away, making me think that he isn't going to respond which is fine.

"Thanks, Ada," he mumbles and breaks out into a lazy grin, "Or should I be calling you 'finger bump buddy'?"

"If you want to," I say with a shrug, "I wouldn't mind the nickname. Sometimes people call me Addy-"

"I like Ada better," Nemo cuts me off, looking back into my eyes, "It's sort of my nickname for you,"

"Don't forget dork," I add on and he chuckles, sitting up. I follow his movement with my eyes, smiling in a gentle way.

"She's sleeping already?" he mutters as he sees Leigh-Anne, who is in fact passed out next to Juju, who is also passed out.