24: Kiss her you FOOL!

|24: Kiss her you FOOL!|

I stand besides Rory and Zoe, zoning out of their conversation. As much as I wanted to focus on greeting the kids, I couldn't help but focus upstairs. Questions race through my mind at a fast pace, I'm barely able to keep up.

Was Kevin up there? How many kids heard about the incident in Ms. Rhye's? Is Mr. Smith going to call me to his office? Am I in trouble for leaving class? How much trouble is Toryn in? Am I tired or hungry? How bad is my makeup ruined?

Nemo's up there... is he sitting with him? Just the thought of Nemo sitting with Kevin made me feel terrible.

I know it's his choice and I know that he doesn't technically know about what happened but...

I guess I can't really be upset with him.

He did walk me through the halls and into the cafeteria. He held my hand until I was with Rory and Zoe. He made sure I made it to my group safely. The hug we shared... that could've only freaked him out, right? I mean, it had to.

... It was a great hug. So tight and... strong. How he had his arms wrapped all the way around me, squeezing me like I... I was his everything.

(A/n: nobody:
me fangirling over my own characters: 🤡)

If I hadn't been crying, I probably would've blushed like crazy.

"Wife,"

I blink, "Huh?"

Rory and Zoe are standing in front of me, both watching me with curious eyes. I look around, noticing all the kids have arrived and were already getting settled in.

Had I zoned out?

"We... we've b... been calling... your name f... for a... a few minutes, now," Zoe says and softly smiles, "A... Are you... okay?"

My mouth moves, trying to form the words that refuse to leave my mouth. My chest feels heavy.

"I..." I look down briefly before looking back up at them, "I need to go take a break... I'm sorry..."

There's too much on my mind right now. I don't want to but I need to leave. I won't be able to focus on the club if I don't relax.

Rory looks at me with a frown before it softens, and her face forms into a knowing expression, as if she's seen this before.

Rory nods, "Yes. We'll tell Amber you're going to be a little late so you don't have to. Take all the time you need, wife,"

Zoe frowns and looks between us, "B... But-"

Rory slaps her hand over Zoe's mouth, "See you in a few, wife,"

I watch as Rory practically drags Zoe away, keeping her hand on Zoe's mouth the entire time. Rory looks over her shoulder and captures my eyes.

I mouth the words 'thank you' quickly, and she nods while turning back around.

Slowly, I leave the cafeteria. It took me a good fifteen seconds before I made it to the door.

As I slip out, I make sure to shut the doors quietly so that I don't disturb anyone. Once I'm out and alone, I release a big breath of air that felt like it was trapped in my lungs forever.

With both my hands still on the door handle bar, it suddenly swings open and I nearly go flying forward into whoever opened the door. 

I catch myself before I could complete that embarrassing action and look up with wide eyes, fearing for a second that it's Kevin.