31: Two days with you is better than none

|31: Two days with you is better than none| HELLO NEMOS POV AHAHAH-

It's been three months since I finally kissed Adaline.

The soft feeling of her warm lips against mine has been lingering like a ghost. She's swarmed my mind in ways that no one ever has. I could almost feel her against me. Just hearing her voice when she greets me in the morning is enough to make my heart skip a beat. When she looks at me during math class or gym... when she looks at me in general, I have to stop to savour her in that very moment.

And in those moments... I notice little details about her.

From the way she tilts her head ever so slightly while listening, to the way the corner of her lips are almost always turned upwards in a soft smile. And the way her eyes show and hold emotion... I could get lost in them. When she subconsciously moves her hair around so that she can hear things better. Or... when she's comfortable, her shoulders slouch and she looks relaxed.

When she walks, sometimes she'll trip over her feet but somehow she never notices, as if she's used to it. One time she nearly fell to the ground but she kept on walking like nothing happened. When she laughs... like with Toryn or... Zoe, her shoulders move up in such an effortless way to match the way her head dips down. She makes these little confused faces whenever Rory speaks and... they usually consist of her lips being parted and her eyebrows scrunched together.

Even when she's thinking deeply about something, she'll do a little scrunch with one corner of her mouth. Sometimes her head is at an angle.

The things that she does that she might not notice... I do. The things she does, intentional or not... they make me feel a type of way.

And I... haven't felt this way in a long time.

When we kissed it those three months ago... it felt like I was finally... finally alive. Like there was something inside of my body. Something besides a cold and empty feeling. Every fear I have... disappeared in that moment. The second our lips touched... I never wanted it to end. It was unplanned but it was the best unplanned thing.

And fuck... do I want to kiss her again. I want to so damn bad. I want to grab her hips and pull her tiny body close to mine. I want to crash our lips together and just... kiss. I want to leave a trail of lights kisses down from her jaw to her neck. I want to touch her and her to touch me...

Even... us being alone in a room has crossed my mind multiple times. The things I've imagined us doing... what she'd do... what I'd do... it drives me crazy.

(A/n: y'all nemo's a FREAK 😳)

But... I'm trying to take things slow for her. I'm going so slow to the point I haven't even asked her out to go on an official date. If she really has never been in a relationship... I don't want to scare her away. In fact... I'm a little scared myself. I'm afraid that if I go too fast then... I'll lose her.

I wouldn't be able to handle something like that... not again...

Not after Leigh.

And it doesn't help that Toryn threatened to end me if I pressured her into anything. I hate him.

I've been giving Adaline kisses on the cheek or the forehead and even her hand but... it hasn't been on the lips since the one night.
She hasn't said anything about us sharing another kiss so... I'm not going to say anything.

On some bright side... Adaline's birthday is coming up on this Friday... the first of March.

Her birthday is something that decided to stay in my mind. When I was writing that essay, I figured that her birthday would be nothing but a useless fact because I was sure that we wouldn't be speaking again. But... it stayed in my mind. Everything she told me for that essay has stayed in my mind.