35: Ugh, it's the carrot stealer

|35: Ugh, it's the carrot stealer|

"Ouch! Motherfucker don't be so rough," Grandpa shouts at Juju. Juju continues to softly growl, tugging at the rope Grandpa is holding.

"Grandpa," I chuckle, "He's barely pulling on it... he knows to be gentle with your fragile bones,"

Grandpa scoffs, "Elmo, why don't you play with this dog?"

Nemo immediately shakes his head, "No thanks. Petting him is more than enough,"

With my legs tossed over Nemo's thighs, I turn my head and look at him with a soft smile.

Nemo had came over earlier than usual so after I frosted the donuts I made last night, I decided to make some homemade smoothies. Nemo requested strawberry and I had blueberry. We finished drinking them and they were surprisingly good for my first try. Now we're just chilling in the living room with Grandpa and Juju.

Juju wanted to play tug of war with me and I did... until he yanked me off of the couch and nearly made me flash Nemo.

I'm wearing a skirt.

Nemo may have enjoyed it but I would've died of pure embarrassment. And it doesn't help that Grandpa was howling with laughter. So just because of that, I made Grandpa play with Juju.

Although it sounds like we've been having a nice time before school... I don't feel good.

Not telling Nemo about my encounter with Clementine yesterday has been picking at my guilt switch, flicking it on and keeping it on. It bothered me so much that it spilled into my dreams and I ended up having a nightmare.

It's just... I know I should've told him but... I kind of panicked. What if he would've gotten mad? What if he would've thought that I was being dramatic? Would he have scolded me for letting her just talk to me like that?

I was... afraid. Afraid of his reaction. What if he became disappointed in me?

And it's tearing me apart. It's been less than twenty-four hours and I feel like absolute shit. I want to crawl back underneath my blankets and sleep.

"So, Elmo, Addy's birthday is in a few days," Grandpa says which causes me to groan and roll my head back.

"Grandpa don't,"

"Shush it," Grandpa shushes me, "Elmo. What are your plans for my grandbaby?"

Nemo chuckles while drawing little circles on my knee with his index finger. The tip of his ears are a light pink.

He looks at Grandpa with a toothy grin and scrunches up his nose, "I uh, I don't know yet,"

"Well you better figure something ou-"

"Grandpa, stop it," I glare at Grandpa, "He doesn't have to do anything,"

"I'm just saying," Grandpa defends while tossing the rope for Juju to chase after it. Juju leaps over the couch, searching for where the rope landed.

"Oh, Ada, my mom wants me to ask if you're free on Sunday," Nemo says and I frown with a nod.

"Uh, yeah, why?"

"Uh... no reason," he quickly utters before gently patting my legs, "We should get going,"

"Okay, let me get my stuff,"

"Yeah motherfuckers get the hell out of my hair!" Grandpa cackles before stopping to frown, "Wait, I'm bald,"

Nemo snorts and I laugh as I stand, "You're silly, Grandpa,"