23: Yet I still feel like I'm not good enough

|23: Yet I still feel like I'm not good enough|((warning: there's a small section in this chap. that might be a little trigger warning for some so when you see the "**" feel free to skip❤️))

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes. These are going to seal the deal on the friendiage between you, Zoe and I,"

"But wh-"

"Shh... wife, just accept it,"

I shut my mouth as Rory perfectly balances my middle finger in between her slender ones. Her touch was soft, delicate. The smoothness of her skin against mine was enjoyable.

It was distracting me from the fact that we are currently standing in the middle of a busy hallway, filled with students desperately trying to get to their claases. It's not the best place to be when you're trying to... do whatever Rory is doing.

Toryn and I were literally seconds away from walking into Ms. Rhye's classroom when Rory randomly appeared and started messing with my hand.

"Why are you putting it on my middle finger?" I ask as she twists my hand to get a better look of the size of my finger, "Shouldn't it go on the ring one?"

"Yes. But when you flip people off, they'll see my beautiful work," she mutters and hums to herself, "I have my measurements. Wife, what is your birthstone?"

"Uh... Aquamarine, I believe," I answer and she snaps her head up.

(A/n: garnet gang wya??)

"Yes. This is rather interesting," she says and releases my hand, "But also, good. I have just the size and stone,"

"Um, nice? But why is my birthstone interesting?"

"I have a birthday in March as well," she explains,

I perk up, "Oh really? What day?"

"The second,"

"Hm..." I hum to myself, smiling, "I'll remember that,"

"Yes. You do that,"

I notice Rory digging in her backpack. She yanks out a small paper bag, holding it carelessly. She reaches inside and rumbles around for a few seconds before pulling out.

In between her fingers was a silver ring with a aquamarine jewels embedded into the ring, following the circle shape it created. It was a small but beautiful ring. The thickness of it was rather perfect for me.

"Where the hell did you get that?" I blurt as she grabs my hand again, "It's beautiful!"

"Yes. I am rather surprising, aren't I?" she responds.

The ring slips onto my finger with ease. It wasn't extremely loose, but it wasn't extremely tight either. It fit perfectly.

Either Rory is secretly a jeweler, or she's a freaking witch. I have so many questions. Like, where on Earth did she get such a nice ring? How did she get it?

Wait, I'm asking that as if she's someone like me, who gets rings from those twenty-five cent vending machine things.

"Oh, and Toryn," Rory turns to Toryn who is leaning against the doorframe to Ms. Rhye's class, "This is for you,"

Rory extends her hand, a silver necklace dangling from her grasp. I nearly gasp out loud at her action but instead, I look over to see Toryn's reaction.

He doesn't look sad or upset like I was expecting. Maybe he's hiding it. Although that's a stretch, Toryn is pretty bad at hiding his feeling sometimes.