prologue

Archie was exactly what you expected a riverdale boy to be, perfect and soft, like a crisp freshly picked apple from the nicest tree in town. He was precious, with soft brown eyes and freckles littering his small face, flushed red from running around outside in his backyard playing prince and princess with his neighbor, Betty Cooper.

     Betty was the perfect right hand for Archie Andrews. Flowly blonde curls that were pulled tightly into pigtails, with rosy pink cheeks and soft baby lips. Everything about  her was soft, like the grass you lay a picnic blanket on. She was the grass and Archie was the strong apple tree supplying  tree for their picnic.

       They grew up with a window, that faced perfectly between their two rooms, and a string crossed between them with cans connected on each end. Archie Andrews and Elizabeth Cooper were destiny, a perfect duo. Nobody expected there to be a third.

     That's why when Jughead Jones had found his place with the two best friends, that there was a such a problem with it, because Betty and Archie were a picnic at the park, and Jughead was a rain cloud, that  ruined the picnic and left them running for shelter in Archie's treehouse. Jughead, was in everyway, wrong.

   He had come into the world as a mistake and every decision that followed would be a mistake, because he was a Southside boy pushed into a Northside boy. he was the single rose in a garden of daisies. Nobody wanted to pick the rose because of its thorns, and nobody wanted to pick the daisies because of the bright red rose, in the middle.

Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper were never supposed to be friends with Jughead Jones. Maybe that's why they were so drawn to him. Jughead was the only kid in riverdale elementary to not color outside the lines. Jughead could read and write like a second grader, and had the vocabulary of a 3rd. He was independent, and he was never taught that children were supposed to be seen not heard. If Jughead had an opinion, he would make that rose thorn obvious, shouting it and huffing, crossing his arms at his chest and glaring, with soft blue eyes.

   There was another thing that made Jughead different, his meltdowns. Nobody sat in the timeout corner more then Jughead Jones. He screamed, and cried, on a daily. The teachers would say that jughead came into the class screaming and wouldn't leave without screaming some more. Archie Andrews, was a hero. He wore a cape around his house, always gave away his food when someone else needed it, stood up for anyone who needed it, comforted and hugged those who were crying, and being the tallest in the class, always grabbed a new coloring sheet for someone if they colored outside the lines.

Nobody calmed Jughead down like Archie Andrews. Because, Archie was treehouses and honey brown eyes and daisies and picnics. Jughead wasn't any of things, and maybe that's why he let himself let go of his independence and stubborn nature when it was Archie Andrews who was calming him down.

-

AAAA.

IM SO  EXCITED FOR THIS STORYY

am,,, am i,,,,projecting all my head canons on juggie?? yes i am.

BUT YALL!! im sick and tired of all of these jarchie fics not including betty,, they were the 3 musketeers!! so yes we will be getting a lot of betty and juggie and archie fluff

,,,these r really really ooc for the show,,, because we dont get enough character development!!!!!! atleast in the way we want,,,, so i hope ur ok w that hehe

i have so many ideas for this book ur not even ready!! also expect the picnic and rose and daisy metaphors to pop up a lot

thats all ok gn

- ann