one

From the second Jughead met Betty Cooper he knew there was absolutely no getting rid of her. Betty was warm and inviting, and she never let her Barbie dolls have knots in their hair, and she carried around a first aid kit with princess bandaids for anyone who gets her. She was the perfect sidekick for superhero Archie Andrews. They complimented each other, Archie was slightly tall for six, and he was all kinds of soft maroons and reds. Archie was like a treehouse with pillows and lights on the inside. Betty was dark hues of pink, fluttering around in pastel sweaters and white collars, and perfectly brushed blonde curls that cascaded down her back. Jughead wasn't like that. Jughead was blacks and greys. Jughead was skinned knees and tear tracked faces. But, nonetheless, Archie and Betty swooped and took him, and soon their duo was a trio.

You never saw Betty, Archie, and Jughead not together. They were always at school, or someones house, or biking around the neighborhood. Archie's backyard was their favorite place. He had a big backyard with tall oak trees that you can carve names into. Tall blades of soft grass that you can lay in and look at clouds or stars, and a trampoline. Jughead liked to sit underneath one of the particularly tall oak trees and read from his books. First grade was a strange time in their lives, for they were getting older, and it was weird for Betty to hang around boys because they were supposed to have cooties, but she knew that her Archie and Juggie did not have cooties, and that Cheryl blossom was lying. Betty would sit next to jughead and  brush a barbie dolls hair with her head on his shoulder. This was her favorite time of day, when school got out and they all biked to Archie's house and had a snack with mr. Andrews. Archie would run to the backyard and pull off his converse to go jump on the trampoline, and Jughead and Betty will settle down under a tree.

"Juggie," Betty spoke, "Do you ever wanna get married?" Cheryl had reintroduced the idea to  her today at Recess. Jughead had had another meltdown right before, because Reggie had stolen his lunch. Of course, Archie stayed back to comfort him so Betty was left to hang out with Ethel Muggs. It's not that she didn't like her company, but Ethel liked to dig for bugs with Dilton and Betty preferred to play on the swings with her best friends. Luckily, Cheryl had gotten her attention away from the gross Beatle that Ethel found because Cheryl blossom was telling her that she was gonna marry a boy one day when he grows out of his cooties phase.  Jughead had laughed, and closed his book, "I dunno, Betty, I mean, Don't i got cooties?" Betty sat up, laughing. Her soft blue eyes met his darker versions.

"Well i mean, later, like when you get older and outgrow all your boy cooties." Betty reminded him, in a matter-of-fact tone. Jughead had rolled his head back with laughter, it was warm and loud and it reminded Betty that Jughead was not the dark grey he tried to tell himself he was. Archie poked his head out from his jumping paradise and stumbled off, going to join them. Archie ran over and slid to stop, landing sprawled out on Jughead with a small 'umph!'   He smiled up at the two of them which caused jughead to laugh more. Archie's tummy did a leap like he was still on the trampoline and his cheeks flushed.

Jughead had flashed them both a signature jones smile,  that without knowing amongst the three of them was almost identical to the one his father used to sport that had swooned their parents prior."Why do i have to choose who i marry?" jughead asked thoughtfully.

"Why cant we all get married?" Archie had added, before betty could respond. Everyone sat and pondered the idea for a moment. Before Betty giggled, "What if i don't want to marry a boy? What if i want to marry a pretty girl?" Archie sat up in Jughead's lap and bit his lip in thought, truly thinking about it.

"Okay, " He agreed, "When we all get older you can marry  a pretty girl but only if I get to marry Jughead!" The raven haired boy in question spoke up, "Why don't i get a say in this?" He whined.  Archie and Betty both shushed as betty stroked her chin in thought, before nodding, "You got yourself a deal, Archibald Andrews."

Archie sat up completely and Jughead reluctantly unwrapped his arms from around him and instead cradled his book to his chest. Archie spat on his hand and held it out, looking at Betty expectantly. Betty frowned before spitting into her hand and shaking Archie's. Jughead mimed throwing up as he whined, "You two disgust me! Nobody's touching me until you disinfect!"

-

yes this is a filler chap but also not because our babies r so cute i want them to stay little forever. the next chap is gonna be fourth grade because ur ten years old ur finally double digits and ur LEARNING THINGS. these babes,,, i love these babes,,also jughead homelife gets #wrecked when his mom gets pregnant 0-0 yikes poor baby. anyways im really excited for dis book,,,,,aaaa,,ok

toodles

- ann