nine

This is not following the plot of riverdale perfectly. this is my own take on it. :)

-

Juggie🤠❤

8:30 am

hi when r u gonna come pick me up??? 

9:05 am

archieeee did you sleep in again? road trip today remember!! :/

10:07 am

if you didn't wanna go u should have just told me. i shouldn't have to hear from ur dad that ur bailing on me arch

5:29 pm

pops tonight? i just wanna talk. not mad, promise

7:37 pm

atleast stop leaving me on read archie. what did i do?? we've been planning this trip for months. 4th of july was supposed to be our day.

9:53 pm

text me when you can, love u bud

-

The sunsets in riverdale belonged to Archie and Jughead. They were the soft black from the soon to be star scattered night mixing together with the reds and oranges of the bright day sky. Watching a sunset was supposed to remind Archie of his beanie wearing dorky best friend. It was the fourth of july. The bustling streets of riverdale had calmed down some, everyone now in their own world, cozying up together to watch the sky light up in every color. Archie didn't feel the warm peppy feeling you were supposed to feel today. Every fourth of July since they had met, Archie and Jughead would spend together. Sitting in Archie's treehouse, watching the loud pops of color from the window, curled up in blankets. It was the only day Dad let them sleep over in the tree house. It was special. Sacred, almost.

The fourth of the july was supposed to mean good things. Not this fourth of July though. Archie spent this forth of July at sweetwater river, skipping rocks and pretending that the tear tracks on his face were from the water splashing up. Archie couldn't bring himself to see him today and pretend everything was normal.

Now, as he sat in the treehouse, he stared out of the window. The childish excitement that was always there wasn't anymore. He couldn't be here with his best friend because he couldn't look at his best friend without wanting to pull his face in and kiss him all over and tell him that he was the brightest face in the room. Because you aren't supposed to feel like that about your best friend.

The fireworks popped loudly,    bursts of red and blue danced around the stars and reflected in Archie's brown eyes. He knew somewhere in riverdale Jughead jones was looking at the same fireworks, and maybe if he wasn't crazy, thinking about Archie the way he thinks about him.

-

Juggie🤠❤

11:48 am

i know you dont like me anymore but im sorry about jason i know you guys played together a lot.

5:57 pm