fifteen

Archie looked up at the terrifying building in front of them. The walls were tall and covered in old gum and spray paint. The roof looked as if it were about to collapse into itself, and the bright fluorescent letters spelling the 'WHYTE WYRM' left  a consist buzzing in the atmosphere. He moved to stand closer to Jughead.

"Juggie, is there really not any other place we can go?" Archie asked, looking around cautiously, "Why not just wait for your dad to get back to ask him?"

Jughead, however, tried to look brave. He knew his dad  came here all the time, and he wasn't an idiot. He knew what the snake on the back of his dad's jacket meant. He did however, grab Archie's hand and intertwined their fingers, saying, "This is the serpent hang out, Arch. If anyone knows why Jason Blossom had a serpent jacket, it's going to be here."

He turned to face Archie, teasingly, a curl falling into his eye as a small smile plastered across his face, "You scared, Archie?" He teased.

Archie's face turned as red as his hair. If it was because Jughead was teasing him about being scared, or because the sky reflected in Jug's eyes and made him look absolutely perfectly, Archie couldn't really decide. Maybe both. Instead of replying he just squeezed Jughead's hand and pulled him towards the door.

The door jingled at the sound of their entrance and all of the boys' bravery went down the drain. The room was red lit and adds scary shadows onto the already scary biker men. The entire place smelled exactly like Jughead's dad, like cigarettes and alcohol. Jug held Jason Blossoms' Serpent jacket to his chest as he cleared his throat, "Hello?"

Everyone who wasn't already looking at the two boys was looking now. He felt Archie let go of his hand, but he stood his  ground watching as the people in the room made eye contact with eachother. One especially tall teenage boy moved to advance on the two but was stopped by a smaller boy and a girl with fiery pink hair.

"You're the trailer park kids." Jughead whispered, but he shook his head, he had a bigger problem than them, "Look, I'm.. my dad is FP Jones."

It seemed as if everyone already knew that because their facial expressions didn't change. Jughead felt his legs shake, but instead he just swallowed down his fear and held up the jacket, some people gasped. Jughead let out a shaky breath, "This was in our trailer. I'm, look I," He stuttered, looking to Archie, whom had stood quietly next to him, for help.

"Can anyone here tell us why Jughead's dad had a serpent jacket that belonged to the now deceased, Jason Blossom?" Archie finished, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked over to Jughead and winked. Jughead smiled back at him before turning to leather jacket wearing gang.

One teenager, who had been sitting at a table away from the others in the room stood up. He had flowy like black hair and piercing eyes that made Jughead feel like he should run in the other direction. In fact, as said boy moved from his table and walked down the aisle towards him, every part of Jughead's brain was telling him to run. Jughead instead brushed his hand against Archie's and felt his stomach fill with butterflies.

The teenage boy reached them with a crooked smile before turning around, "I'll take FP's kid and his friend back to the trailer park. Something tells me they're lost." He announced, pushing them out the door. It was weird, Jughead thought, because the second he pushed them towards the door life resumed in the Whyte Wyrm. The trailer park kids went back to their arcade machine, the  men drinking. Like they hadn't just been exposed for having something to do with Jason Blossom. The door chimed when they walked out, leaving the building.

Archie turned to look at Jughead in confusion and worry. Jughead just rolled his eyes and tried to give him a 'dont worry about it' look but he assumed from the way his  heart was beating so loud he could hear it he probably gave him more of a 'we're gonna die' look.