two

Jughead can remember it like it was yesterday. It was the seventeenth day of 3rd grade when he biked home just as the sun was finished setting and the moon was slowly peeking up.  He was running a little late because he was helping Betty and Archie with math homework. The trailer was small, It only had two rooms, a bathroom and a small kitchen and Living room, but it was home, and it was all Jughead had ever known. He rushed from his bike and stumbled to pull the key he had out of his pocket. The other boys in the trailer park scared him. They were tall just like Archie but they weren't warm, and definitely not red and maroon. The trailer park boys were Navy blue and they left a bad taste of blood in your mouth if you thought about them too much. They made jughead wanna scream and cry, so he stayed away from them.

When Jughead opened the door, the first thing he heard was arguing. His mother, was a tall lady with good posture. She had black curls just like him, that we're long and tight, and fell against her frame in rows. His mother's curls were not soft like Betty's, they were crisp to the touch and didn't move in the wind. His mother, albeit was kind to him, but strict. Her blue eyes held ice, and her lips were constantly pressed into a thin line as she would watch jughead scream bloody murder at what she thought was nothing. Jughead didn't have a bad mom, he knew that much, but he had a mom didn't put in the effort to get to know him. Currently, she was angry, it was clear by the cigarette in her shaky hands and the way she glared at his Dad. Jughead liked his dad, He was strong and reminded Jughead of a super hero. He had dark brown hair, that was always exactly where he wanted it to be, and was adorn in constant leather. Juggie's dad like leather couches and spearmint gum, and it felt like home.

"God damn you, FP! " His mother spat out. In her other hand (the one not holding a cigarette) was holding an oblong white object, and looked like she was going to throw it. Clearly, she did not like this object one bit. Jughead slowly made his presence known by closing the door and slipping off his jacket and hanging it from the rack. The house fell silent at his movements. He tiptoed over to his father, looking up at their angry expressions. "What's the problem?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as a small black curl fell into his eyes. FP slowly pushed it from his eyes and picked him up to sit him on the counter.

"Your mother and I got some news kid," He started. He caught the woman in mentioned eyes with a glare, almost as if testing her to hurt his son's feelings. "Your mother is going to have a baby, son." He concluded carefully, he really didn't want a meltdown, because he didn't want his boy to get screamed at for reacting again, he didn't need Gladys more upset then she already was.

Jughead was silent, no tears filled up his eyes like you expected them too. They were calm and calculating, like his mother's. In fact, he had pressed his lips into a thin line and was staring at the counter with an intensity you wouldn't expect from such a small boy. There were times where Jughead looked so much like his mother that FP couldn't breathe. He slowly placed a hand on his son's smaller shoulder, testing the waters. Jughead looked up at him and his lips slowly shook and quivered, his eyes were glossing, "Dad i need to make a call."

-

"This is ridiculous! Its the end of the world Archie! I'm dying, I'm doomed." Jughead concluded, biting his nails. It was a new habit, Archie noticed, but it was stopping his smaller companion from a meltdown, so he'll let it slide for a while.

Archie Andrews really didn't understand what the big deal was, but when his dad got a call from Juggie's dad last night Archie had rushed to his rescue. Jughead was a bawling mess, and Archie couldn't hug him so instead he had sat with his dads phone on the living room floor and talked about anything and everything until the boy on the receiving end was merely sniffling.

Archie watched with wonder as jughead woefully sighed and picked up his pencil to start on his assignment. He looked bummed out, too say the least. He had lost the spark in his blue eyes, and his black curly hair was more unruly than ever, falling into his eyes with such might he stopped pushing it away. Archie reached over to him, to his best friend with worry. Jughead didn't lose like this. If something was bothering him he never took the self pity route. Archie told his dad, one evening, over dinner, that Jughead was like a toy that never ran out of batteries. However, today it seemed like jughead had in fact ran out of batteries, and the entire class was picking up on it.

"It's just a baby, Jones, What's the big deal?" Cheryl questioned. If there was one thing Archie hated about being ten years old it's  that nobody minded their own frigging business!

Jughead gawked up at her, his nose wrinkled in disgust. Archie was almost excited. He found himself thinking, 'yes! blow up on her! get your batteries back! get em juggie! that's my boy!' He was happy that Jughead got his spark back, even if it was just to say something snarky to Cheryl blossom.

Before Jughead could even think about a comeback though, Jason blossom totted over, with his head held high and slowly placed a hand on Cheryl's shoulder. Jason never talked much, he was the silent twin and in a way, Cheryl's big mouth made up for it, but Archie would never say that. Jason slowly pushed her away with a shake of a head before ducking his at jughead and pushing the girl back to their circle. Jughead frowned, before once again losing his gosh darn batteries and deflating back to his sad, nail  biting, woe-is-me, curls in eyes, not my juggie, Jughead Jones. Archie sat back in his seat with a huff, realizing that maybe at ten its not cool to play superhero anymore.

-

things r happening!!!! :-))

yall i - i - I LOVE JUGHEAD.
JONES

also i tried to make my writing less over the top when it was in more of archies pov because  hes ten yaknow.

next chapter will have more betty!!!!!!!! i promise!!!

toodles