taejin | camping

🍡
author : oceanjelly on ao3
taejin
| during their time off, bts decided to go camping! but little did jin know he would be in for a whole world of surprises

please contact me if you would like your story to be deleted
- -

jin's pov
As a present for working so hard lately, we were rewarded with a little break. It was a relief to hear, so i, among the others, were very excited on what we were going to decide on what to do in this time period.

"We should go to America!" Jimin shouted.

"Jiminie-hyung, we were literally just there," Jungkook laughed.

"Yea, but it was fun, I want to go again. . ." Jimin pouted.

"How about we just stay in Korea? We don't really need to go somewhere extravagant just to enjoy ourselves," I said. They all look to me and nod.

"You're right Jin-hyung!" Tae puts his hand on my shoulder and I pretend not to notice.

"What were you thinking, Jin-hyung?" Jimin asked from his place on the couch.

"Maybe we can. . . I don't know, go camping? We haven't in forever," I suggest. They all look to me like I've just said something magical.

"Yeah!" They all exclaim at the same time.

And so it was decided. We were going camping.

And so, two days later, after lots of planning and out buying camping gear and food, they set out for the camp site of their choice (a/n: since i don't know any...or couldn't find any with the sort of camp ground that I was looking for, I'm just going to pretend that they're at Kipahulu, which a camp site and national park on the island of Maui (where I live)). This camping trip would be filled with sleeping in a sack, getting bit by mosquitoes, cooking outdoors, and no internet, but that's the fun of it. Leaving the comfort of your home to have fun was always a good idea.

We put all our things by the front door so that it could all be accounted for before being put in the van. Jimin held a lined piece of paper in his hand and checked off each item one by one.

"You guys sure did bring a lot of things for just three days," I snorted. Taehyung had his over stuffed bag over his shoulders making him look like he had a turtle shell on his back.

"You have to be prepared for anything Jin-hyung! You never know when things could go wrong~" Taehyung sang.

"I think you may have over packed Tae," I said with a slight laugh.

"You can never over pack, hyung~" Jimin sang.

I waved my hand at them dismissively before turning back to the pile of equipment laying on the floor. There was quite a bit of stuff, but there were seven of us, so it made sense. Except for the members own packing - which was extensive. I only packed what I thought I'd need for the two nights and three days that we'd be spending at the camp site.

"Well, that's everything! Let's load it all into the van and head out!" Jimin was excited, as everyone else was.

One by one, the supplies were transported to the back of two vans (there was a lot of stuff to bring) and we split ourselves up to drive in separate vans. Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, and myself all went into one, whilst Hoseok, Namjoon, and Suga went in the other van. As we were piling ourselves into our chosen vans, Taehyung called out, "I call shotgun!" and raced to the passenger side of the van.

"Hey! That's not fair," Jimin pouted.

"Sucks to suck," Tauhyung gave Jimin a smug smile and shrugged his shoulders.