namgi | win for me

🍡
author : move on ao3
namgi
| namjoon loses motivation for the game, yoongi comes in to help

please contact me if you would like your story to be deleted
- -

What the fuck was that, Kim?"

Namjoon tugged his helmet off, shrugging and not really looking at Seokjin as he sank down onto the bench. "Sorry, hyung."

Seokjin stalked over to stand directly in front of Namjoon, hands on his hips. The younger could feel Seokjin's eyes boring into the top of his head, and finally resigned himself to looking up. "What," Seokjin repeated, "the fuck was that?"

"Not a first down?" Namjoon offered. He winced when Taehyung reached over to slap him upside the head.

"Get it together out there. There's no excuse for playing sloppy." This last bit was shouted, for the benefit of the entire team, before Seokjin turned back to the field to yell at the defense.

Namjoon felt his phone vibrate and turned to find Yoongi watching him from further down the sidelines. It wasn't that bad, Yoongi texted him, tilting his head and shooting Namjoon a sympathetic look.

You're sweet, Namjoon sent back. We're getting our asses handed to us. Which was true, the Incheon High School Phoenixes were currently down 24-11 against Seoul Prep Academy. This was a game with a long rivalry riding on it, and Namjoon was having trouble not letting every missed pass get him down.

Namjoon glared out at the field as their defense tried to hold their rivals to a second down. Startled, he looks up at Yoongi who came up behind him, draping his arms over Namjoon's shoulders and hugging him, resting his chin against the thick pads on the younger's shoulders. Namjoon blinked at the shiny tinsel of the pompom Yoongi was still holding, then turned his head slightly to say, "You're supposed to be cheering." Behind them, he could hear the other cheerleaders chanting Toughen up, Toughen up.

"Let's go Namjoon, he's our man, if he can't--"

Namjoon cuts Yoongi off with a laugh, as the older presses a kiss against his cheek. "You're going to back out there and win this game," Yoongi said.

"There's only 4 minutes left," Namjoon pointed out. He'd have to get the ball back first, then get down the field for a touchdown, get the extra point, hand it back off to the team, get the ball back again, and then run another touchdown, all just to tie the game.

"Yes, and you're going to do it," Yoongi said, giving Namjoon's shoulders a squeeze, "because I have a surprise for you after you win."

"What kind of surprise?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi's grin turned coy. "Well, you have to win to find out."

Namjoon was about to demand more information, but then he saw Seokjin storming over from the corner of his eye.

"Stop flirting with the cheerleaders and get your ass over here, Kim!"

"Doesn't he realize that he's calling himself too when he says that?" Namjoon grumbles.

Yoongi pulls back to let Namjoon up and then gave him a bit of a push with his pompom. "Go get 'em, babe."

Namjoon turned back, walking backwards for a couple steps, and said, "I want to know what this surprise is."

"You'll find out", Yoongi said, still smirking. "If you win."

"What if I don't?" Namjoon asked.

"Then I guess I'll have to go see if the other guys' quarterback wants it".

Namjoon feels a spike of jealousy flare in his gut. "They probably wouldn't know what to do with it", he tells Yoongi.

Amused, Yoongi replies, "Well you better go beat him then."