Chapter 7

I started looking everywhere, frantically moving my head, trying to see everything at once. To find some tool or anything to protect myself. I found a lock on the upper right end of the door. In an effort to lock myself properly this time, I stood on my toes and tried to close the upper lock. But just then, another violent blow came from outside which made me slip, deeply cutting my wrist. It started bleeding profusely, but I had no time to think about it; somehow I had managed to open the door. Again! I shut the door as quickly as I could, and landed hard on my hip. A helpless groan left my lips. But the pain was forgotten when a small key-like thing fell on my head. I took it into my hand. What could be such a thing doing here?

The banging on the door had stopped, but I could still hear the loud sound of glass shattering. The whole situation was a blur. With whatever came over me, I found myself stabbing the key into the wall. I don't know what or why I was doing, but the queerness of the situation told me there must be some secret behind this key, considering the consequences and the place I had found it. There had to be! My eyes widened in surprise when the key suddenly inserted itself, into what seemed like a keyhole. Inside the solid wall!

It revealed a thin, crumpled paper which after smoothening up read,

"SEND BACK"

Send back whom? Send back where? HOW?

The questions flooded my mind, making my headache violently. I clutched my hair and pulled them. Partially to nullify the pain from the injuries that I had received and partially because of the situation, of which I had zero idea of how to get out of.

Before I could figure out what to do with this 'clue', a shrill scream erupted from my lungs. A sharp jolt of pain ran down my spine. It felt like... it felt like my muscles were being forcefully torn apart. Like I was being pulled from every side. The next moment I was thrown in the air! I was floating in the air and then the back of my head hit something hard. I cried loudly, and this time tears started flowing out of my eyes.

I was not on the ground but the ceiling of the bathroom. My back was pinned to the ceiling and I could not move myself, as I found myself in a very firm and invisible; but very much real grasp that was suffocating me. I was struggling to breathe. The hot tears reached my ears, soaking the hair around them. The hold got tighter. Red spots appeared in front of my eyes. Just when I thought this was my last breath, the hold abruptly loosened and with a sudden gasp I inhaled a large volume of air. Like I was breathing for the first time. As if someone had given me oxygen pump. I breathed and savoured the feeling of air moving in and out of my body. I breathed until I came back to my senses.

The invisible force had made its strength known. The power that could not even scratch the bathroom door a little while ago, was now controlling me from the other side of the door. I had to figure out something quickly, or else... I didn't even want to think of the other inevitable possibility.

The sharp end of the key poked my palm and I realized that it was still in my hand. I lifted my hand up, silently sobbing from the pain that the simple movement had caused. While being pinned to the ceiling, I repeated the wall stabbing activity and a few painful seconds later, the key inserted itself into another keyhole into the ceiling, right beside my right ear.

Another note appeared which read,

"OPEN THE DOOR"