Chapter 10

Just as I opened the door, she marched into the bathroom with unreal speed. And just as she did, I forced the key back into my forehead. My breath abruptly stopped for a moment, this time it bled and pained like hell. The loud groan that should've left my mouth was muffled by my conflict. The simultaneous fatal pain I was experiencing and the relief that flooded my being for the mini second silenced it. I was going to die. But then... I was ready for it.

As I had expected, the portal opened once again. It pulled everything that dared to come in its vicinity, with greater than before force; like a black hole.

I fell on my knees and my head collided with the tiled floor. My ability to comprehend anything was lost. Probably forever. The last thing I remembered was her frightful scream. Her angry moans had turned into scared pleas. Her immense powers dissolved in the cosmos. She tried to escape it, run away from it. The red dots re-appeared before my eyes. I started having difficulty breathing. It felt like someone had just put 100 tons of weight upon me. I tried to squirm, throw my limbs in every direction, do something to escape from the excruciating pain. But I knew the energy in me had been dead since long. Sami cried and tried hard to move away, but she was engulfed by the portal. She let a last gruesome scream, and then... and then she was gone! Not even fragments of her existence remained. The heavy silence was the only thing that remained and the only truth.

Soon, I too was finally lost in the eternal darkness of my own.