Chapter 12

Two Weeks Later

"Good news! You're ready to be discharged. You'll be getting out of here tomorrow." my dad stated as he entered my room.

He was smiling slightly, which made him look a little less tired than he actually was. After all, he was taking care of me and my mom simultaneously. He always looked so worried, this was actually the best I had seen of him in days.

"Yes, finally!" I sighed, as I looked up from my book that Dad had bought for me while I was here.

I had resolved to never ever go for any more family holidays, especially if it's anywhere near a cottage. At least not for another year.

"Ready to meet mom?" Dad asked.

"Yass!" I exclaimed and got out of the bed, careful to not exert too much pressure on any of my body parts, that still ached.

My mom was admitted to the same hospital, same time as me. As per the information given to me, she had been severely injured too. But I recovered faster and even went to visit her once. If everything remains as it has till now, then soon she would be discharged too. But until then, we were to stay at a hotel here. But some sense of relief made its way in my head on the thought that after a week later we all would finally be home.

"Hey mom!" I said, careful to be not very loud.

"Samantha." She turned her head to look at the both of us and smiled. She looked so much better than the last time. The cut marks on her body were still there, but they were fainter.

"How are you?" I asked, despite my efforts my voice started getting heavy.

"I am fine honey. Nothing to worry about. How are you?" She said. From her lying position, she brought her hand to my forehead, and gently caressed it, as if trying to search for something.

"I'm okay too mom. I'll be discharged tomorrow."

"Now that's some good news. Even though I have already said it, I'll say it again. I am proud of you Samantha. You were very brave. But don't forget to thank lord. He's the one who protected us.

Remember what I told you?"

"I do. Always pray to the power, not to the picture."

"Pictures and forms are bound to change."

"But the power always remains the same." I finished the statement. It was one thing that my mom always taught me, and something that I kept close to my heart and firmly believed in.

She smiled at me, before making a face at dad. "Tyler, I told you to take care of yourself. Have you even been eating? Stop worrying about me, I'm safe under the doctors' watch." She stressed in a voice that indicated disapproval.

"I will. I just want you to be okay." He kissed the knuckles of her hand that he had taken into his own, while I was talking to her.

"Bye mom." I said softly, not actually wanting to leave.

"Take care honey. I'll be coming to visit you again in the evening." Dad said.

"I will." Mom kissed me on the forehead, before turning her head again and closing her eyes. We left her room.

"Dad, can I ask you a question?" I said, as we walked back to my room.

"Yes Samantha."

"Where's Sam? I haven't seen him since the incident."

"Sam was completely fine when I found him. So after discussing with the doctor, your mom and I decided that it would be better to send him home, than to make him stay at the hotel here."

I stopped abruptly in my steps; the news hit me like a cold, fatal gust of wind in the face.

"W -Wh- What do you mean... Sam's home?"

"Why, yes honey. He's at home safe with Sami and the nanny."

THE END