Chapter 4: Is there another way?

(Harley's P.O.V.)

Why is waking up so hard? I'm so stressed out... I can even say that I am depressed. My father doesn't understand me or, at least, doesn't want to help me be well with myself. He just cares about riches and forces. How can this be happening? I'm still too young to get married, or so I thought. (throwing his bedsheet to the floor angrily) These stupid laws of the Land of Dawn, you can even marry a baby if they wanted you to... (picking up the bedsheet form the floor and placing it on the bed [okay, exaggerating]). Chill, Harley, remember Harley (walking to the mirror), posture, you represent the Vance Family, a child prodigy (smirks), and a very talented, genius, and handsome man. (chuckles)

***Rings Phone from Harley's Room***

(Lylia's P.O.V.)
**Minutes Before**

This is crazy, I haven't slept all night

This is crazy, I haven't slept all night... I'm just so excited (squeals) and scared (plays with hands). I need to do this as fast as possible, without making any suspense. Everything will be ready for tonight; I need to tell Cyclops about it. My spunky boyfriend, how much I love him (daydreams). I just need some cover... maybe if I call him. (gets smartphone out of pocket and dials a number) Come on... pick up, pick up... PICK THE FUCK UP, HARLEY VANCE!

Harley - Morning, Vance resident, Harley speaking.

Lylia - (giggles) Wow, Harley you sure are very proper.

Harley - Lylia? (chuckles) well, I guess I'm so used to it. Why are you calling so early in the morning?

Lylia - Oh! Right! Well, I need to talk to you, the thing is...

***

(Harith's P.O.V.)

(singings) Early in the morning, waking up for training, (ears perking up) Granger is beating... daddy? Nah, he's a drama maker. I think I'm in love with... (from downstairs)

Granger - STOP TAKING IT AWAY!!!

Alucard - I'm telling you; it hurts!!!

Granger - How can I take the splinter out if you keep moving?!?!

Alucard - HARITH, HELP!!! YOUR FATHER IS TRYING TO KILL ME

Granger - YES I WILL!!!

(Harith giggles) I guess I can go downstairs and see the drama while eating breakfast. This should be fun; I must hurry though I just want to go to school and see Harley. I will ask him out today, I will! (goes to the bathroom and cleans himself up and picks a dashing new outfit) Hmm... (reads the label) Stardust, okay! (dresses up and goes downstairs)

Granger and Alucard - (they stop moving and head their direction to Harith)

Alucard - Wow! Those new clothes are really paying up!

Granger - Good election, son. I can see that you are going to ask him out today, huh?

Alucard - (looks at both rapidly several times) Wha... what?! YOU ARE ASKING SOMEONE OUT?! (gets up to walk but sits back immediately when he gets hurt by the splinter on his foot) OUCH! OUCH!

Granger - (grabs foot rapidly and removes splinter) There you go, you, stupid cry baby.

Alucard - (with tears in eyes) It didn't even hurt that much. (sniffs)

Granger - (rolls eyes and crosses arms)

Harith - (laughs way to loud) That was amazing, daddy G. Stop crying, dad.

After I eat breakfast with them, they told me about a couple of tips to do on dates, and how to ask Harley out. I was paying more attention to Alucard [after all he did end up with Granger]. It was funny to see Granger blush so many times and laughing, for a change [I think he was remembering the beginning of their relationship and their dates]. Well, it is time to go to school, better go and do my best!

***

(Harley's P.O.V.)

Wow, Lylia is very brave, unlike me. I can't believe she is thinking of that and trusts me to help her. I know she will be happier, but is it the right choice? I guess they have everything on their side, time, place, love, money... Harley, she is your friend and you need to help her. You already told Lesley not to pick you up from school, told father and mother you were going to a friend's house, everything is in place. (Listens to the doorbell) Must be Lylia and Cyclops, better go downstairs. (turns off lights and closes door) (gulps)

Harley - Sorry for making you wait so long guys.

Lylia - (nervously) Hi, Harley.

Cyclops - (looking sideways) Hey, buddy.

Harley - Okay, let's go. Farewell, everyone! (pushes Lylia and Cyclops out the door)

Lylia - Geez! Harley, (sarcastically) can you be anymore gentle?

Cyclops - (dead stares Harley)

Harley - Do you know what I'm risking for this? If our parents know what you plan to do, we can get killed... or worst we could be married by this afternoon... or... even worse grounded for life!!! (snapping out of it) Let's just keep walking, I know the best spot for this. (Lylia and Cyclops follow Harley till they reach the lake)

Lylia - You... remember... Harley. We... appreciate everything you are doing for us. I will never forget it.

Harley - (looks sadly at Lylia and hugs her)

Lylia - (Shock) Har...ley? (hugs back and cries a little)

Cyclops - Thanks, man.

Harley - Don't thank me yet. (moves his magic wand to make visible a boat) This boat will let you cross the lake to the other side, (looks at Lylia) are you sure you know what you are doing? (looks sadly to the ground) Maybe we can make this work out, you will still have Cyclops with you, no one has to know. (desperately) We don't even have to sleep in the same bedroom.

 (desperately) We don't even have to sleep in the same bedroom

Lylia - Oh, my sweet Harley. (smiles humbly and caresses his cheek) We will know, and we won't be happy. I want to marry Cyclops. I know this might be hard, but one day you will find someone that will take your breath away and then you will know, you will feel different.

Harley - (hugs Lylia and Cyclops very tight) I will miss you both. (leans back while watching them go away)

(No one's P.O.V)

Watching them flee was the hardest thing Harley had ever done. He thought that maybe if was a bad idea, but as the boat was becoming smaller and smaller each time, he realized that she was doing the best decision she could have ever made. She was happy and Harley... he was holding his hat with such melancholy. He really wanted to feel that kind of love.

Harley - (smiles and turns around) They sure are...!!!

To be continue.