Chapter 7: Downhill

(Harith’s P.O.V)

Wow, Harley was way too mad at me… if only he knew that it was Chang’e who did it he will hate her instead of me. I don’t think he will believe me though. (imagines Harley’s reaction in the mall) Oh, God… He was about to cry too, that stupid Chang’e I should’ve known she was trying to ruin my life again. She did the same thing with Lolita… only now I do have a reason to explain why I didn’t want to be with Chang’e or Lolita… or any girl. I, unquestionably, like Harley so much. He makes my heart beat quickly. (hears footsteps coming near and looks at the direction)

Harith – Harley?

Harley – (with tears falling like a river) Harith?

Harith – (ears down) Please, stop crying, I’m so sorry. I know this is your safe place, but I didn’t know where to go. This is a very calming place. I needed to think.

Harley – (sniff and continues to cry)

Harith – Harley, Chang’e heard our conversation at school, she was the one that told Lylia’s parents.

Harley – (gets near Harith) It… doesn’t matter… anymore…

Harith – (grabs Harley by the arms)

Harley – (looks at Harith making eye contact) Lylia’s going to be here tomorrow and I’m still getting married.

Harith – (sad) That was so fast… I’m so sorry…

Harley – (hugs Harith tightly and continues crying)

 Harith – (sad) That was so fast… I’m so sorry… Harley – (hugs Harith tightly and continues crying)

Harith – (hugs tighter and caresses Harley’s back) I need to tell you something. I like you, Harley Vance. I know that maybe, you don’t see me as more than a friend, and that’s okay, I accept it, but I will never let you down. I will be right by your side, always. (pushes Harley gently to see his face) I love your eyes, those big, emerald, shiny, green eyes (caresses Harley’s cheek moving towards his hair), and your hair… I love the way that it’s so curly, yet so soft to the touch… I… (shocked)!!!

Harley – (kisses Harith and puts arms around his neck)

Harith – Wow! Wow! Wow! (tail moving rapidly) That was amazing.

Harley – (blushes and nervous) That is not… what it means, the kiss was just… you said some things that I really liked… and the moment… the place… it’s night and there’s a moon… and…

Harith – (puts one finger in Harley’s mouth) Do you trust me?

Harley – Mhm…

Harith – Go home, and start tomorrow normally, meet Lylia and don’t hesitate about the wedding. Trust me, when the time comes you will know, but you will have to go with the flow. You got it?

Harley – But I…

Harith – Got it?!

Harley - …yes.