Chapter 8: Confessions

***On the way back***

(Harley’s P.O.V.)

(sighs) I have been through all this trouble for nothing, and the worst thing is that Harith is in trouble, once again, because of me. I think I’ll have to accept my fate and just marry Lylia, it is only to join forces… we don’t have to consume the marriage… though I know my father would love to have a grandson in the future, obviously we need someone to continue the Vance’s bloodline. (chills) Eww… I don’t want to have a kid with Lylia, I mean she is pretty and very smart, but I don’t like her that way. (looks at Harith) Oh, God… he is downhearted, he must think that he failed me. I need to do things right, at least for once. (looks through the window)

***Back at the Vance’s resident***

Granger – We are so sorry Mr. and Mrs. Vance. I can assure you that it won’t happen again. We have forbidden Harith from seeing your son.

Mr. Vance – Thank you so much, at least my wife will sleep well tonight knowing that our ungrateful son is alright. We will still have the wedding, it will be held tomorrow morning in the garden of our resident since all of the decorations are still in place, you are invited if you want to come, after all the problems my son has made for you.

Granger – It will be an honor to assist, but.... (looks at Alucard and groans)

Alucard – (excited) We will be here! (looks at Granger) Sorry, but I love weddings.

Harley – (looking gloomy) I’m sorry for all the trouble Sir Alucard and Sir Granger. I promise to do the right thing from now on. Thank you for bringing me safely to my home. Excuse me… (looks at Harith with the eye corner disconsolate then turns around and goes to his bedroom).

***The next day***

Mr. Vance – I will not take my eyes off you this time.

Harley – Don’t worry, father. I won’t escape this time. I have accepted my horrible fate. Besides I’m at the altar already.

Mr. Vance – (pinches Harley’s arm and whispers) Behave.

Harley – (groans) Okay, okay!

(No one’s P.O.V.)

Since Harley was waiting at the altar in the garden with his father, he could see everyone coming and sitting on their seats assigned. They were whispering and eyeing him, probably because of what he did yesterday. He tried to ignore all the glances and relaxed, but he couldn’t because he saw his precious leonin, dressed for the occasion with his best suit yet. He blushed and smiled a little after seeing him, although the leonin didn’t see him. He then realized the situation he was going through and move his sight to a different direction.