5 : Gone

Chapter 5 : Gone

I know what you want to know.

I know you're eagerly waiting for me to share what I'd done with Klong or what he'd done with me under the flow of the shower. I'm telling you this, geez, how could I really do anything besides touching myself?. I couldn't touch him after all and of course, I didn't touch myself that way in front of Klong.

No, it would have been too embarrassing.

Even though Klong and I now reached the next level of relationship where I allowed him to examine my naked body -- my adult's naked body -- it doesn't mean that I could do something like that in front of his eyes. I'm also telling you that even though I couldn't touch him and vice versa and though I didn't touch myself the way you think I did, it was a wonderful night under the flow of the shower where our gazes met.

I'll leave it at this, it was wonderful. It was so wonderful that the next morning, we totally forgot about our argument. We woke up with smiles -- just like what the couples always do in many indulgent romantic movies. Actually, I slept more soundly than every night. It was so soundly that I got up late. When I was hurriedly getting dressed and walked out of the room, Klong was sitting there, smiling.

"I'm getting to work, Klong." I told him.

He nodded. "Come back, soon. Phai."

Gosh, he was so cute. He looked even cuter in the morning gleams like that.

What would happen if he actually were a real person?

That was the thought that swiftly came to my mind, just like a flash that shines so swiftly. This very thought used to come to mind every now and then in the past but I needed to admit that it came to my mind very often lately. Though it was just a swift thought and the thing that always followed it was the cry of logic that shouted to me so loud "Nonsense. He's just an imagination. How could he possibly be real?", the other voice from within cried "If he were a real person..." louder and louder. Sometimes that voice ended with ", it would have been so nice."

Right, "If he were a real person, it would have been so nice."

"No way! Such nonsense!" I warned myself out loud this time until Oon my fellow resident frowned at me.

"Are you ok? You're talking to yourself or was that your guardian angel?" I was so mindless that I completely forgot that I was in a case report meeting room -- without any professor though.

Geez, my mind wandered so often lately and it was all about Klong. I needed a cover-up for Oon.

"Oh, nothing. I was just lost in my thoughts."

"And what's happening with you this morning? Why were you so late for the conference? Do you want to try Boss' might?"

"I -- uh -- don't want to see Ortho guys" I made a puppy face to Oon, hoping for his pity. He laughed instead.

"It's not that you don't want to see Ortho guys. You just don't want to see Sun, right?" So, Nothing less from my best-friend Oon who always sees through me. I nodded as an answer.

"Why? Why don't you like him? He's a real fag magnet."

I frowned at him "Oon, you are straight. How could you ever come up with a judgement in rating Sun as a fag magmet? Are you into men now? What you do is just flirting those X-ray chicks."

According to my close relationship with Oon, I knew that he was after a girl who is a resident in radiology.

He shrugged. "Well, I don't eat Durian but I somehow know that Thai Durian is the best. I'm not into men but I'm kinda know that a guy like Sun wouldn't fall for a Stitch like you that easily."