Chapter 1:The fall of Wall Maria

(Year 845)

The scouts were finally coming back from another one of their not so successful missions.

(Y/N)'s PoV
At least that's how the town's people were calling the recon missions that they were going on. They could at least be grateful that we are trying to get some territory back from the titans but no the only thing they are thinking about is how the taxes (money) are so high because they have to pay so we, the survey corps, can have food. Yeah! I know they despise us and everything due to being the part of the army that has the highest count of casualties. On top of having no successful missions. I mean I had to battle with my parents to go and train in the first place. Since I'm on Captain Levi's squad, I made myself a bunch of friends that I hope won't we leave me anytime soon. I guess we are pretty strong, well strong enough to be handpicked by Levi himself that is but every time we go out there's a risk of not coming back in one piece. I know mom's not to fond of my career choice, but she's got to understand that I'm doing this in order to protect her, father and my precious little brother Eren along with his friend Armin and our adoptive sister Mikasa.

Right before passing through the gates of Shiganshina, my hometown, I started to wonder how (hoe boy 😂😂😂 I do write from midnight until 3am or so😅 yay😂) they were doing. I mean the only way I've been talking to them and learning stuff about them was through sending letters to them since I didn't really get to have any days off. Let's just say that everyone knows me, in the scout regiment, as Levi's right-hand man because, I'm the strongest in the team right after him that is. Since I was right behind him, he noticed the change in my stance. So, he asked me what was going on and I told him that I was just wondering how my family was doing. That was until I saw a little boy with a massive smile on his face looking straight at Levi and I. He was with a little girl his age although she looked emotionless. That's when Hanji told me that this little guy looked a lot like me. I mean we do both have the same green eyes. I really wish I could take the rest of the day off and visit my family that I haven't seen in a while. The last time I've seen them was when Eren was a tiny little baby. That was about 8 years ago, my little brother was only 1 year old at that time. That's when Levi that I could leave the rest of the day to go visit my family. I was so happy I just got off my horse and left with my full gear on (the gas tanks and the blades were full because I had to replenish just in case of emergency on the way back to the wall).

I was so excited that I ran all the way back home. When I opened up the door, I was surprised to see both the little boy and girl that were there earlier. On the other side of the house was mom making some dinner that was until she heard the door open once again. She just started crying and dad was happy to see me once again before leaving for work. Mom just gave me a bone crushing hug while crying out of happiness that I was still alive and well. After all of that I turned around only to see the boy's confused face and the girl looking just as confused as the little guy. That's when I as mom if that was Eren and Mikasa. When I got the confirmation that it was indeed them, I just stared at him for a second before I hugged him while crying. Poor him he has no idea who I am and here I am crying and hugging him. Mom just told him that I was the one who was constantly sending them letters asking them how everything was going. He was surprised to finally see who his older sister was. I was sad that mom didn't tell him that I was in the survey corps but that was only a small detail. I then asked mom if I could go out and play with them. To my surprise, she said that we could but only after eating lunch.

During lunch, I was asking mom and dad how things were doing. That was until Mikasa told our parents that Eren wanted to be a scout. Mom got angry just as much as when I told her I wanted to be a scout. The good old memories. She also said the same thing she told me years ago: No children of mine will be a part of those. That was the part when I came in the discussion and told her that she was wrong in a way. Well just look at me she tells Eren that but here I am being her oldest daughter who is in the scout regiment. With that Eren was mad at her and he just ran out. Mom had told me in the letters that she had sent me that he was a carbon copy of myself. A stubborn little fool. Well that's how she used to call me back in the days. Now I'm being called Humanity's Strongest Right-Hand Man, in the scouts that is.