Chapter 2: Back at HQ

(Y/N)'s PoV
Once I mad sure that the kids made it to wall Rose I had to leave and go back to the Survey Corps. I noticed that Eren had been crying so, before I left, I comforted him as best as I could. After all I did promise mom that I would protect them from whatever I could. Once I got to HQ, Petra obviously notice how I entered with my head low and that I was uncharacteristically down. I don't blame her I did just witness my own mother being eaten by those monstrosities with my own eyes. I can tell you that between seeing a comrade being eating and the person who brought you into this cruel world, there's a massive difference. No one had every seen me in such a low-spirited mood. Even section-commander Hanji, one of my best friends here, looked at me as if I wasn't the same person anymore. I wonder if they received the word of what happened yet. Well, I better go straight to Commander Erwin to tell him what happened and what I did since I had my stuff and that my 3 dimentional maneuvering gear was full. Once I got in front of Commander Erwin's office, I knocked and waited for him to give permission to enter.

Erwin's PoV
I had heard that (Y/N) was finally back from visiting her family but I had also heard from Hanji that there was definitely something going on with her. I was one of her good friends along with Hanji, Mike, Levi and his squad. It was worrying me hearing that she wasn't the same as she used to! I was thinking of what could have happened to her that would have changed her from being the very cheerful girl to the not so cheerful person she is now until I heard someone knocking on my door. So, I asked them their name and business. To my surprise, it was (Y/N) and she said that she had very urgent news to convey.

Discussion with (Y/N):

"What's the matter (Y/N)" I said. "Well, Commander, ..." (Y/N) started but I cut her off by saying that she didn't need to call me Commander since are friends after all. So, she started over: "Well, Erwin, the titans breached through Shiganshina and wall Maria. One of the garrison members asked me to help keep the titans as far away as possible from the boats that were full of citizens and I did because 1. I had my gear and 2. Because my 3dm gear had just been replenished from the mission we went on right before. That's all I had to say." "(Y/N) I know something else happened back there it's not like you had never seen what a titan can do after all you are in the scout regiment." I said "You know Erwin, Shiganshina was my hometown, what happened that changed me was that I saw my little brother being desperate to get our mom from under our broken-down house. I later found out, when I went to check if they had gotten to safety in wall Rose, that my little brother witnessed our mom being devoured by a titan. Let me tell you Erwin, there's a massive difference between learning that your friend just got eaten out in the field and your mother being eaten right in front of you and your 9-year-old little brother. That's just plain heart-breaking. I guess the only good part of this whole story is that he told me that he wants to join the scout regiment himself and get revenge for our mom. He did also tell me that our father was nowhere to be found."

Hearing what (Y/N) just told me made me feel bad for her not only she lost her home, she lost her mom and her father is nowhere to be seen. Well, I really hope she gets better and that we get the (Y/N) we all know and love. She told me she was going to report to Levi the moment she was done with reporting to me. So that's where she is now headed.

(Y/N)'s PoV
Once I got out of Erwin's office, I went to Captain Levi's. I had to report back what happened to my squad leader after all. Once I was in front of his office, I knocked and waited the permission to come in.

Levi's PoV
Shitty-glasses was passing by my office once again and told me that (Y/N) was back. As she kept annoying me, I heard a knock on my door so, I asked their name and business like usual. To her surprise, it was (Y/N). I was wondering why she was so surprised of her reporting. When (Y/N) came in my office, Shitty-glasses went out with that annoying look she has when she's planning something.

Discussion with (Y/N):

"What happened I have a feeling something happened (Y/N)" I asked. "Well, titans breached through Shiganshina and wall Maria, my 9-year-old little brother witnessed our mother get eaten by a titan and my father's nowhere to be found. I was asked to help back in Shiganshina to keep the titans as far away from the boats as possible. I already reported everything to Erwin." Well I sure didn't expect that to happen, but things don't always happen the way you want them to. This is so not me, but I grabbed her and gave her a hug. She is the only one I'm friends with in the whole regiment. It's not everyday that you find someone just as strong as yourself when you are considered as Humanity's Strongest. No one really knows that we are friends cause we don't really act like are. The only reason I had to befriend her at first was that she reminded me of Isabelle just with how carefree she was. Now here she is crying (which she never did). Also, she just as tall as me. I mean I understand her situation. I have no family left whatsoever and I have no home/house whatever you want to call it.

Once she had calmed down, she excused herself and told me she was going to be in her room if I needed anything. Well, that was not the news I was expecting to hear when she said there was an urgent matter that had to be discussed about. With that, I went straight to Erwin's office, I need to know what we are supposed to do now that we know that there's a breach in wall Maria. We also need a plan to get the old (Y/N) back.