Chapter 8: Newbies!!!

(Y/N)'s PoV
While Eren was cleaning the stables under Oluo's supervision, I was with Levi because he wanted to talk to me about something. More specifically about what we were both to do if my brother was to lose control. This wasn't what I was expecting but sure we would have to do something about it, even if I don't like what would happen to my brother in one of those scenarios. After discussing about sad stuff, we went back to the rest of the team. I saw Eld and Gunther talking to each other. At some point I heard them ask Eren if he knew if there were some people in the 104th training corps who wanted to join the scouts. Eren answered that he knew that some wanted to or at least did before the attack in Trost. Once the guys saw us, they saluted Levi and Eren just ran over to us reporting for duty. Levi then told Eren that the only reason that he was out of his cell was because he and I were keeping an eye on him he also proceeded to tell Eren that he was to stay within 10 meters of him if not I should be there to keep an eye on him during the time we were going to patrol the area.

Erwin had told me earlier this morning that he was going to get the new recruits this evening. They, the new recruits, were going to come over to HQ tomorrow. He wanted Levi and I to keep a look out for the other soldiers that were to stay until their squad leaders were back from recruiting fresh new cadets. I mean that's if there's any recruits joining this year. But, as Eren said, he knew that there were some people who wanted to join our ranks. I also already know that Mikasa and Armin are going to join for sure due to them always sticking around with Eren. I'm happy knowing that Eren found these two when they were younger because they've been sticking together all the time. Erwin had asked Levi's squad to come with him so he could show the newbies his plan for the mission that only him, Levi and I really know what we are going after. We were still going after the person who killed Hanji's test subjects Sawny and Bean. After all we knew that the damn traitor was within us. Erwin made the hypothesis that this damned person was probably going to come after us or just plainly show up once we were going to be outside, in titan territory.

Levi's PoV
(Y/N) told me that Erwin told her that we were to keep watch of the soldiers during the time that they, the other squad leaders, were gone along with part of my team until they came back. Erwin had also told us earlier the real reason behind the upcoming expedition outside the walls. He also had told us to keep our mouths shut on the subject. He then told us that our position was to be kept secret because the traitor was probably going after Jeager. I'm still wondering why the hell would they, the dumbass traitor, would reveal themselves when we were in titan territory and why the fuck were they going after titan boy. At least I'm not going to be the only one keeping watch on these idiots, the soldiers, I'm going to have (Y/N) as company over here. I'm glad that she is now a second captain for my squad at least I won't be as lonely as I used to be.

***Time Skip***

It was one of the rare moments where I was just sitting in my office and where I didn't have any paperwork to do because Eyebrows left to recruit some idiotic cadets. Cause who in their right mind would join the military ranks who have the worst casualty counts when in mission. I mean we are being called a waste of money by the citizens within every wall (at least the ones that are still standing). I'm glad that the commander came in the underground when he did, because let's face it where would I be right now if he didn't. I would most likely either still be doing the same thing as usual, being chased by the MP's or just trying to live by stealing food here and there or dead because of the lack of sunlight.

I really don't know why I started reminiscing about all of those shitty days but now I feel like shit for thinking of my deceased friends, Farland and Isabel. How I wish they were still around sometimes I bet they would be great friends with (Y/N). Especially Isabel, (Y/N) and her practically had the same personality. That was until wall Maria fell which caused the Jeager siblings to lose everything, including their mother and father. I should stop with all of these shitty thoughts. I then heard someone knocking on my door. I wasn't waiting for anyone, but I just told them to come in. When I saw (Y/N) I just figured out that she wanted to tell me that Eyebrows had finally left which meant that we were both in charge if anything should happen. I guess we were the only ranked officers in the building. Things are starting to get fishy between Erwin and Hanji. I bet she had a say in the matter since she can't stop herself playing matchmaker or just plainly saying that (Y/N) and I should get together since "we look cute together". I'm pretty sure that this one of Hanji's many desperate tries to get us together. I personally think that the only reason for all of this shit is because both (Y/N) and I are the shortest members of the Survey Corps. This is also the other reason why I became friends with her. Because she knows the struggles of being short. Speaking of, I wonder how she's so short considering how her little brother is towering over her. Well she is shorter than me making her five feet tall while he is at least a foot taller than her if not more. Tch why am I even thinking about this.

(Y/N)'s PoV
When I went to tell Levi that Erwin had finally left HQ, I saw that he was in deep thoughts. I mean it's the first time that he has no stupid paperwork to do and he's literally just sitting there thinking. I wonder what he's thinking about. After all, I was still thinking about how Erwin had just asked me to look over the soldiers that were still here with Levi. I'm not complaining but I just can't stop asking myself what was Erwin thinking. He should have Mike to do that job since Hanji had to leave with him and some of our soldiers. I'm way better at doing speeches than Mike that's for sure! Oh well, I just told Levi that they were gone. I was about to leave his office when he grabbed my wrist. I asked him what was going on since he looked like a ton of shit happened not too long ago. He just told me that he needed to change his mind. So, I decided that we were going to be training since I haven't trained due to being his right-hand man. I literally didn't have anyone else that could beat me to a pulp, that is if I don't hold my ground. Let's just say that I have once kicked him and he ended up landing something like a couple meters away from where we were sparring. To say the least, he could definitely do the same to me.

After training for a bit, which ended up getting a crowd around us. Well what am I supposed to say, both of the strongest soldiers in the Scouts were just fighting. Let's not forget that Levi is a clean freak and he really didn't like it when I gave him a beating, but we were equals. When I won a match, he'd win the next vice versa. That sure did change his mind cause he wasn't as grumpy as when I went too his office to tell him that we were in charge until Erwin, Hanji and Mike came back.

***Time Skip to the next day***

I woke up being really excited, for some reason I had finally had a good night sleep for the first time ever since I could remember. That's when I remembered. The, hopefully, new recruits were coming over this morning. So, I got up and geared up like I usually do and went outside. Not too long after I got outside, I saw that Erwin was finally coming back and I could also see that we had a good amount of new cadets that had joined. Once Erwin got off his horse, he told me to get the new recruits into smaller groups that would be led around by some of the other soldiers. Erwin then told me that I was to give a tour around HQ to one of the groups. I decided I would take the group that had all nine of my brother's friends. I had conveniently made the groups in my office yesterday before going to my joined room to sleep.

Once Jean saw that I was the one that was going to give them the tour, I noticed that he tensed up a bit. But then Mikasa came over to me and asked me how Eren was doing. I told her that he was in good hands and that I was the second captain for his squad so, if anything were to happen to him, I would be the first one to intervene. She then told me that she thought that Levi had gone way too far with the beating. I burst out laughing since she had the guts to call the almighty corporal Levi a pipsqueak. I then told her that this wouldn't happen with me watching Levi's every move around my little brother. For the ones that weren't there when I came unannounced right before Trost fell, I presented myself.

"Hi everyone, I'm Captain (Y/N) Jeager, before I get any questions, yes I'm related to Eren. I'm going to be giving you guys a tour around HQ as well as showing you where you guys will be training. Just follow me around." I then heard Eren ask Levi if he could take a break from cleaning up the stables to come and see his friends.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here. I thought that you wanted to either join the MP's or the Garrison Regiment!" I just went to Eren and told him that they had joined us and that they were the new recruits. He was quite baffled seeing as Jean had gone somewhere for the moment so, I heard Eren ask the others if he and Marco had joined the MP's. Before I could even answer, Jean did and proceeded to tell Eren that Marco was dead.

At the end of the day, I went to report to Erwin that I was done giving my group of recruits the tour around HQ. He then told me that I had rest of the day off which is just awesome. Finally I could have some time for myself.

Levi's PoV
Once the day was finally over. The newbies were quite loud in the mess hall which was pretty annoying. I just left and went to (Y/N)'s office to hang out somewhere quiet. I just like having her company it makes me calm. Once I got in her office I just saw her sitting on the comfortable looking couch. Well I guess I never realized how nice her green eyes looked with the sun shining on them.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys! I'm sorry it took so long!
Here's this lovely part for Eren's birthday (March 30th) which is coincidentally also mine 😋
I just turned 19 on this lovely day
I really hope you like it!!!