4

Authors note: There's probably going to be large time skips in the other chapters. I apologize, I'm not really sure what to write in between the major events. I was reading timelines of Haikyuu and it seems like the exams and training camp don't start until July. But they begin studying in June. Also, this follows Japan's school system, where summer break starts late July.

~~~
June 11, 2012
Monday 3:40 PM

"(L/N)-san, wait for me!" (Y/N) heard Nishinoya shout. She stopped at the stairs, waiting for her classmate. They both began walking towards the volleyball gym and Nishinoya kept glancing at (Y/N).

"So, are you going to be our new manager?" he asked, she smiled at him and nodded her head. Nishinoya cheered in response making (Y/N) eyes widen, being friends with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima, made loud cheery people seem like foreigners.

"Ah, its nothing special." (Y/N) commented, Nishinoya shook his head in disagreement.

"I think you'll be a great addition to the team, (L/n)-san." he complimented.

"T-thank you, Nishinoya-san." she stammered, not expecting a compliment.

"You can call me Yu!" he exclaimed, full of energy.

"Then you can call me (Y/N)." she replied, as they arrived near the gym. Nishinoya gave her a thumbs up before rushing off into the club room to get changed. (Y/N) walked into the gym spotting Shimizu.

"I'll do it." she said, making Shimizu smile. She walked over and embraced her, making (Y/N) laugh in response.

"Ah, what's your size?" Shimizu asked, (Y/N) was taken aback by the random question.

"Its for the jacket." Shimizu added.

(Y/N) nodded in realization and told her her size, she glanced at the boys who were just coming in. She ran up to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, smiling.

"Guess who's your new manager?" she asked excitedly. Yamaguchi's eyes widened, high fiving the girl. Tsukishima just nodded his head in response, walking away without a second thought.

This made (Y/N) frown, she knew he wasn't the most expressive person, but for some reason she expected more. Yamaguchi rubbed her arm, trying to comfort her.

"I think he's still a bit upset." he muttered. (Y/N) stared at him confused.

"With me?" she asked innocently, not aware of Tsukishima's true feelings. Taken aback by her question, Yamaguchi didn't reply immediately. (Y/N) glanced at Tsukishima, did I do something wrong?

"N-no, its not you. Hes just being jealous." Yamaguchi explained, the confusion on her face stayed.

"Of what?" she asked.

"N-nothing, just don't worry about it. He's not mad at you at all." Yamaguchi frantically explained. (Y/N) nodded her head, but she was still uneasy, sighing she walked over to her bag pulling out her volleyball notebook.

Shimizu tapped her on the shoulder,"(L/N)-san, on Wednesday it'll be Sugawara-sans birthday. Sorry, but can you buy a cake? I don't have any time-" Shimizu rambled.

"I can buy one, don't worry." (Y/N) reassured, making Shimizu let out a sigh of relief. (Y/N) and Shimizu continued to help the boys practice as well as take notes. (Y/N) glanced at Sugawara, the silver haired boy seemed to be smacking his teammates.

I wonder what cake he likes?

~~~
June 13, 2012
Wednesday 6:13 PM

(Y/N) held the cake while Takeda Sensei lit the candles. They were waiting outside the gym while the boys were changing back into their causal clothes. Everyone except Sugawara was told to keep him in there longer.

(Y/N) stood there awkwardly as they waited for the boys to come outside. She was nervous she'd drop the cake.

Suddenly they began hearing footsteps and chatter. Turning the corner, Sugawara made eye contact with (Y/N) who held the cake. Almost immediately, everyone began singing happy birthday.

After they were done, Sugawara blew out the candles and everyone cheered. He smiled at (Y/N) who looked away in response. To be honest, Sugawara made her very nervous, she didn't know why.

"Thank you!" he exclaimed

He seemed so friendly though, nonetheless, she was intimidated. Shimizu passed out paper plates as well as forks. Sugawara cut the cake into pieces and handed them out. (Y/N) bee lined towards Tsukishima, avoiding Sugawara, after getting her piece of cake.

Sugawara noticed this but made no comment, Tsukishima watched as (Y/N) ate her piece of cake. (Y/N) felt his gaze on her and she looked up making eye contact with him.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked, Tsukishima's face turned into a confused one, shaking his head.

"Where did you get that idea?" he asked, she shrugged in response staring at the ground.

"You didn't seem happy when I approached you." she mumbled.

"I'm not mad at you, idiot." he muttered, shoving a piece of cake into his mouth. (Y/N) let out a sigh of relief and continued to eat her cake, happily. Tsukishima watch in amusement as (Y/N) got frosting on her face.

He grabbed a napkin and wiped it off, Sugawara noticed the interaction between the two. He smiled to himself, seems like Tsukishima had a special relationship with (Y/N).

"This is a nice cake, (Y/N). Nice choice." Nishinoya commented, walking up to the girl.

"Thank you." she replied, Tsukishima glanced at the shorter boy. They're on a first name basis now? They begin chatting while Yamaguchi drags Tsukishima away from the two.

"Tsukishima, can we come again this weekend?" Hinata asked, Tsukishima shook his head in response. Hinata pouted like a child, making Sugawara laugh, smacking him lightly on the shoulder.

Kageyama walked towards (Y/N) and Nishinoya. Tsukishima eyes narrowed at them, Yamaguchi nudge Tsukishima.

"You look like you're going to murder them." he muttered, making Tsukishima look away still a bit jealous. Sugawara noticed this and smiled at Tsukishima.

"Tsukishima, do you like her by any chance?" Sugawara asked, this got the attention of Hinata who's eyes widened.

"No." Tsukishima muttered, but his cheeks flushed red, making Sugawara smile. Yamaguchi let out a chuckle. Tsukishima glanced around and saw that everyone else was talking among themselves.

"Wow, Tsukishima likes someone." Hinata muttered.

"Shut up." Tsukishima exclaimed, flustered.

~~~