16

October 27, 2012 (final set)
Saturday 12:01 PM

"Can I tell you something?"

"Uh, um, sure." (Y/N) stammered.

"I like you, (Y/N)." Tsukishima confessed, making (Y/N)'s eyes widened.

"I've liked you for a while now." he muttered, his cheeks flushing red. (Y/N) stared at the boy blankly.

Suddenly the nurse came back into the room.

"You can go back now, but be careful." he explained. Tsukishima nodded his head and got up from the bed. Tsukishima walked with haste back to the gym while (Y/N) ran back up the bleachers.

"(Y/N)-chan?" Akiteru exclaimed spotting the girl, who's face was completely red. Akiteru looked down at the court and spotted his little brother. (Y/N) looked over the railing at the score board, 15-14, Shiratorizawa was at set point.

Currently (Y/N)'s brain was filled with a number of different emotions. With Tsukishima's confession and the game. Questions ran through her head, could we win this match? Will we make it to nationals?

Why does Tsukishima like me?

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi exclaimed, staring at his friend. His teammates stared at him in amazement.

"The bleeding has stopped. They immobilized the part that had been dislocated. Because it was my pinky, it'll barely affect my playing." Tsukishima explained to Coach Ukai.

Coach Ukai stared at him shocked by his request to be back in the game. Holding the sign, Tsukishima sat next to Hinata.

The match quickly continued and Kageyama was able to score another point by simply pushing the ball over the net.

Now they were neck and neck. Whoever got the next point would win.

(Y/N) watched as Narita got switched with Tsukishima. She frowned, she was pretty sure he was still in pain. Without hesitation, Tsukishima began discussing strategies with his teammates.

"We're going to get through this!" Daichi shouted, his teammates cheered in response. Asahi walked over to the back of the court and bounce the ball.

"Give it everything you got!" Nishinoya exclaimed. Asahi threw the ball up into the air, smacking it. Shiratorizawa quickly received it and Tsukishima watched the ball carefully, who was going to hit it?

The ball flew towards Ushijima, who seemed to hit it with all his might. (Y/N) cringed as it hit Tsukishima's right hand.

'To think that I actually want to fight until the end' Tsukishima thought to himself.

"One touch!" he shouted.

Everyone watched in amazement as they kept the ball in the air. But all (Y/N) could see was Tsukishima's hand shaking in pain.

~~~
October 27, 2012 (final set)
Saturday 12:19 PM

(Y/N) watched anxiously as Hinata hit the ball over. Receive the ball, Hinata quickly got into position. Kageyama spotted him and quickly grabbed him.

"Hinata, change positions with me!" Kageyama shouted, throwing the orange haired boy to the side. Shiratorizawa's setter tossed the ball to one of their teammates, Tsukishima quickly jumped up.

It smacked his right hand and he cringed in pain. But despite this he turned around to his teammates.

"One touch!" he yelled, Tanaka quickly tossed the ball over to Kageyama and they all began to run forward. Hinata quickly jumped up bringing his arm back smacking the ball with all his strength.

Ushijima reacted swiftly and saved the ball. Tsukishima watched as they tossed the ball around.

"A straight!" Tsukishima shouted, Asahi and him got into position, narrowing the ball's path. The ball went straight into Hinata's face and back into the air. Kageyama quickly returned it and their setter tossed the ball towards Ushijima.

"We're going to stop it!" Tsukishima exclaimed. A three person block went in front of Ushijima but he didn't hesitate to turn it into a cross. Luckily Tanaka saved it and tossed it to Kageyama.

All of them rushed forward, as Kageyama set it to Hinata. (Y/N) watched as it almost seemed like they were floating in mid air.

Suddenly, the gymnasium erupted in cheers.

"That's my little brother!" Akiteru exclaimed. (Y/N) felt a smile grow on her face as she watched her friends tackle each other. She didn't realize but tears started flowing down her cheeks.

They won.

After hugging each other and crying, they lined up in front of the audience.

"Thank you very much!" both teams yelled, applause filled the gym and (Y/N) couldn't stop smiling.

They were going to Nationals.

"I love you, Ryu!" Tanaka's sister yelled, making (Y/N) smile. She stared at her friends tears still streaming down her face. Quickly she wiped them away and was embraced by Akiteru who was also crying.

"They did it!" he yelled.

They did it.

~~~