14

October 27, 2012 (3rd day of Miyagi's Spring High Representative Playoffs/Finals)
Saturday 9:14 AM

"So this is the finals...There's so many people." Tanaka commented as the team made their way through the crowds. (Y/N) just glanced around, not being used to so many people.

Suddenly, she heard yelling, snapping herself out of her thoughts.

"Hey! Stop it, you two!" Daichi yelled, she spotted Kageyama and Hinata fighting each other. They must've gotten into some argument.

"You're wasting your energy before the finals? Are you guys completely stupid?" Tsukishima muttered. They continued to walked their way to the court, (Y/N) split from the group and up to the bleachers.

She looked down in amazement, the court was completely different. She spotted the trophies and all the medals that shun in the lights. Suddenly her eyes landed on her friends, who all seemed to be on the ground, nervous and anxious.

Weren't they just fine a minute ago? She let out a sigh, she hoped the notes she gave them yesterday were good enough. Staying up trying to figure out everything about Shiratorizawa's volleyball team wasn't easy.

"I'm not anyone suspicious." (Y/N) turned her head at the familiar voice. She spotted Tanaka's sister dragging a taller male to the front.

"Wait, wait! I'm a relative." he exclaimed, panicking. Taking off his sunglasses and his face mask, (Y/N) let out a soft laugh.

"I'm Tsukishima Kei's older brother." Akiteru explained, frantically.

"He told me not to come to the match." he continued in a hush whisper. Suddenly Tsukishima turned around and Akiteru tried hiding behind the railing. (Y/N) let out a small laugh.

Eventually everyone heard a buzzing noise. The match had begun, (Y/N) watched as the ball seemed to fly from one side to the other.

SMACK.

Before she even knew it, it had been spiked into the ground by Ushijima. The other side erupted in cheers as they gained the first point.

~~~
October 27, 2012 (middle of the first set)
Saturday 10:11 AM

The first time out had been called, right after Ushijima scored another point. Tsukishima had tried blocking it but the spike went through his defenses.

"Tsukki, you jammed your finger? Are you okay?" Yamaguchi asked concerned. Tsukishima held a roll of tape, attempting to tape his finger. He sighed staring at the court spacing out.

Did I hesitate back there?

"Tsk." Tsukishima muttered annoyed at himself. The small amount of doubt he had, made him fail the block.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

The ringing noise notified everyone the timeout was over. Everyone, headed back towards their positions and Ushijima went to the back to serve. The whistle blew and he jumped up smacking the circular object.

Daichi had somehow received  it, but it bounced off to the side. Once again, they had scored a point. At this point, Shiratorizawa had 17 points while Karasuno had 8 points. The gap just kept getting bigger and bigger.

"Bring it!" Nishinoya shouted as Ushijima served the ball. (Y/N)'s eyes lit up as the ball went up into the air. Nishinoya had received it and now it was in the air.

"It went up!" Hinata shouted excited.

"Finish it!" Sugawara yelled. Kageyama quickly jumped up and tossed the ball towards Tanaka who spiked it with ease, earning Karasuno a point.

"You seem pretty relaxed, Kageyama." Tanaka commented, staring at the first year.

"Well, no one scares me more than Oikawa-san for the time being." Kageyama replied, making Tanaka laugh. (Y/N) watched as Hinata switched with Nishinoya and smiled. They can try earning some points back.

However, a few moments later, her face fell.

They had lose the first set.

~~~
October 27, 2012 (second set)
Saturday 10:46 AM

(Y/N) smiled watching her blond friend play. He seemed much more lively now and had stopped Shiratorizawa's from scoring points. Currently Karasuno was at set point and (Y/N) clenched the railing, nervously.

"We're counting on you, Hinata." Sugawara shouted as Hinata walked towards the court. Not looking where he was going, he bumped straight into Tsukishima's chest.

Tsukishima leaned over to Hinata and began whispering to him.

"There's a good chance of them doing a quick. So jumping as high as you can against their #5." Tsukishima advised as he walked towards the back to serve. Hinata nodded his head and followed his advise.

When #5 came up to spike, Hinata jumped as high as he could.

"One touch!" He yelled as the ball flew off his hand. Tsukishima passed the ball to Kageyama, Hinata and Tanaka both began running towards the net, full speed. Instead of tossing it to anyone Kageyama softly pushed the ball over the net.

Cheering ensued as Karasuno earned another point.

"Tsukishima!" Hinata cheered, running over to the blond. His hands in the air. Tsukishima merely moved out of the way, letting Hinata run past him.

Serves after serve, no one was able to get two points ahead. Currently the ball was on the opponents side, Tsukishima watched as their #10 set it to Ushijima, in panic.

I was waiting for this, caused by slight annoyance and panic. Tsukishima quickly ran over to the other side with Asahi to block the ball. Ushijima spotted an opening between the two and smack the ball in that direction.

However, instead of the ball landing on the opponents side. Ushijima watched it bounce off of Tsukishima's hands and onto his side of the court.

Karasuno had won the second set.

~~~

A/N: thank you for reading