10

July 25, 2012 (end of training camp)
Wednesday 8:34 PM

Tsukishima sighed waiting outside, most of his team was still inside packing up. Hinata and Kageyama were engrossed in their own conversation. He was playing on his phone when he saw a shadow fall over him.

"You're a little close." Tsukishima commented at the third year. Kuroo sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You like (Y/N) right?" Kuroo asked in a quiet voice. Tsukishima's face flushed red, making Kuroo chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes." he remarked.

"Look, Tsukishima. I don't know if you noticed but a lot of guys have an eye on her." Kuroo exclaimed.

"You better take your chance, before someone else comes and sweeps her off of her feet." Kuroo warned. This made Tsukishima narrowed his eyes at him.

"Don't tell me, that you like her." Tsukishima muttered.

"I'm not going to lie. She had me for a moment, but she's not my type." Kuroo confessed, making Tsukishima sigh.

"Eventually, someones going to sweep her off of her feet."Kuroo exclaimed.
Hearing footsteps approaching, Tsukishima spotted Yamaguchi and (Y/N) coming outside.

"Oh, hi, Kuroo." she greeted, before walking towards Tsukishima. Eventually, the rest of the team came out and they headed down towards the bus.

"Well, see you next time." Kuroo said, waving at the team. (Y/N) and the rest of the team all waved goodbye to the teams. Being the last ones to enter the bus, (Y/N) spotted everyone's stuff in the back seats.

She glanced at her two friends, confused. Yamaguchi shrugged sitting in the single seats in the other row. Tsukishima stared at Yamaguchi who only gave him a thumbs up, Tsukishima sighed taking a seat next to you.

(A/N: there's an image, I'm not sure how to describe it in words. Yamaguchi is sitting in one of the single seats, while Tsukishima sits next to you in the double seats?)

Tsukishima frowned as he thought about what Kuroo told him. Glancing at (Y/N), he felt his heart beat quicken. Quickly he glanced out the window, trying to distract himself.

"Eventually, someones going to sweep her off of her feet."

Tsukishima let out a huff, clenching his fists.

You don't think I know?

Memories of middle school, came flooding back. All those love letters, on her desk and all those confessions in person.

A random thought suddenly crossed his mind. Were there people confessing to her now? Tsukishima sighed, sometimes he wished they were the same age. (Y/N) being a year older meant they were never in the same class.

They had met when, (Y/N) moved across the street. Their mothers became friends, so naturally so did the children. Initially, Tsukishima thought her as a friend.

But as they grew up, he realized that he began liking the girl. He let out a sigh, he been in love for years.

It was ridiculous.

~~~
July 27, 2012 (three days later)
Friday 6:07 PM

Tsukishima sighed, he was tired from all the practice they had been doing. Next month would be the First Preliminaries for the Miyagi's Spring High Representative.

(Y/N) quickly reviewed her notes as her friends took a break. Tsukishima would occasionally glanced over at her and admire her determined expression.

If only he could be that determined.

Nishinoya approached her and she smiled. They began chatting, making Tsukishima stare at the two more intensely. What type of guy would (Y/N) be into? His face turned red at the thought.

Did she like tall guys? Tsukishima let out a frustrated sigh, Sugawara noticed this and stared at the blond confused.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Sugawara-san." Tsukishima replied, Sugawara stared at him not believing a word he said. He followed Tsukishima's gaze and wasn't surprised that it was on (Y/N).

"Jealous?" Sugawara teased, making Tsukishima roll his eyes.

"Come on, Tsukishima. Maybe I can help you with her." Sugawara offered the blond.

"How...I don't know, uh, what type of guys she l-likes." Tsukishima stammered.

"Has she dated anyone else?" Sugawara asked, Tsukishima shrugged.

"If she did, most likely they'd be her type." Sugawara explained. Tsukishima nodded his head. Now the problem was how would he find out? Not like he can just bring it up randomly.

Then she'd probably catch on quickly, Tsukishima paused deep in thought. Maybe not, (Y/N) is pretty dense, despite her high grades.

"Come on, its time to go home." Daichi announced, everyone headed towards the changing rooms. Sugawara patted Tsukishima's back as they walked into the club room.

Nishinoya looked a the blond,"Hey, are you and (Y/N) dating?" Nishinoya asked out of the blue. All the guys in the club room ears perked up, as Tsukishima blushed.

"No, we're just friends." Tsukishima replied, his face was scarlet red.

"Eh? Tsukishima has a crush?" Tanaka exclaimed excitedly. Making Tsukishima face turn even redder.

"Shut up." He retorted, making his teammates laugh. The team, eventually finished changing and walked outside. They spotted (Y/N), who was standing there waiting for them.

"Say (Y/N), we don't know much about you." Sugawara commented.

"Really? Uh, what do you want to know?" She asked, the group.

"Have you dated anyone before?" Sugawara exclaimed, (Y/N) shook her head. Hinatas eyes widened.

"Really? I thought a lot of people would like you." Hinata commented, making (Y/N) face flush red.

"What about all those letters on your desk?" Nishinoya asked. Tsukishima eyebrow twitched, of course she'd be getting confession letters now.

"Wow! Really?" Hinata exclaimed, (Y/N) let out a sigh and nodded her head.

"Then, do you have a type of guy you'd want to date?" Sugawara asked. (Y/N) stared at the team confused.

"Why are you asking questions about my love life?" She asked laughing a bit.

"Are you trying to set me up with someone or something?" She joked, Tsukishima stiffened up. Fortunately, (Y/N) was to busy laughing to notice.

"What about you guys? Do you have a type?" (Y/N) asked, curiously. Tanaka smirked.

"Nope." He exclaimed proudly making (Y/N) laugh. The group made their way to the entrance and they split up. Today was different, only Tsukishima and (Y/N) were walking home together.

"Tsukki, do you have a type?" (Y/N) asked jokingly.

"Yeah." He muttered bluntly.

"Really?" (Y/N) exclaimed, she began to wonder what type of girl he'd like. Tsukishima laughed as she was in deep thought.

"Don't think so hard, you'll hurt yourself."

~~~