11

August 11, 2012 (after the first match of the prelims)
Saturday 7:37 PM

"Good job, Hinata!" Asahi exclaimed, picking up the first year.

"We made it through the prelims!" Daichi exclaimed, clapping. Everyone began packing up their stuff and heading out the door. (Y/N) looked through her bag, confused.

Did she leave something? She felt like she had forgotten something.

"You guys go ahead, I think I forgot something." (Y/N) said to Shimizu, before walking back towards the gym. The group nodded and made their way towards the exit.

"Even if your attacks are getting better, your receives are still crap." Kageyama commented, Hinata frowned.

"It went up didn't it?" he retorted embarrassed.

Tanaka burst out laughing, while Hinata let out a huff. They made their way outside the building and climbed onto the bus. Once again, everyone threw their stuff in the back.

Tsukishima glanced around confused, (Y/N) was taking a bit long. He checked the time on his phone, 10 minutes?

"Yamaguchi, take my stuff." Tsukishima said handing his stuff over. Yamaguchi stared at the blond confused.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Where do you think I'm going? She probably got herself lost." Tsukishima muttered, walking back into the building.

"Ah! Tsukishima, wait up! I forgot my lunch box!" Hinata shouted running after him. They quickly made their way back to the gym. Hinata and Tsukishima froze in place, they spotted (Y/N) surrounded by 2 other guys.

She held a lunch box in her arms.

"Come on, just your number." the spiky blond haired boy exclaimed.

"Sorry, I, uh, have people waiting for me." (Y/N) said, trying to get out of the situation.

"It'll only take a few seconds." he continued. Tsukishima walked over to them, eerily calm and quiet.

His shadow cast over the pushy guy, (Y/N)'s eyes lit up seeing her friend. The two guys glanced up at the taller boy, intimidated by his height and his stare, they froze. (Y/N) quickly ran away from the two.

Hinata quickly began pushing (Y/N) away with Tsukishima walking behind them. Suddenly, Hinata was flung to the side.

"We were still talking." the blond guy persisted, Tsukishima stepped in between the two. Tsukishima set him a glare, how could someone be so pushy?

"What? Are you her boyfriend?" he scoffed, Tsukishima's calm expression turned into an annoyed one. But before anything could happen, Hinata jumped up in front of the guy.

"Excuse me! (Y/N) is our precious manager, so...um..." Hinata paused, frightened by the guy in front of him.

"Leave her alone." Tsukishima fumed, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Ah, wait! You guys are Karasuno! You beat that two-meter dude." the guy exclaimed, noticing Tsukishima's black jacket.

"Well played, see you." he continued as if nothing happened, patting Hinata's head. The two guys walked away nonchalantly.

"Thank you." (Y/N) muttered, letting out a sigh of relief. Tsukishima didn't respond, he felt so much anger in that moment.

"Hinata, you forgot this." (Y/N) exclaimed, handing the lunch box back to the orange haired boy.

"Lets go back." Tsukishima muttered, anger was still pumping through his veins. The three made their way back to the bus.

"You're late, idiot." Kageyama yelled at Hinata.

"What took you guys so long-" Yamaguchi paused noticing Tsukishima's irritated expression and (Y/N)'s evident frown on her face.

"Sorry!" Hinata exclaimed, they climbed onto the bus. Yamaguchi sat in a double seat by himself and the two seats in front of him were opened. (Y/N) and Tsukishima slid into those seats, this time (Y/N) got the window seat.

Tsukishima noticed her uneasiness as they drove off. He glanced over at her, she stared out the window. Silently he placed his hand over hers, not saying a word. (Y/N) felt the warmth of his hands and her cheeks turned pink.

~~~
August 22, 2012 (4 days later)
Wednesday 8:06 AM

"With the prefecture qualifiers in October, we'll only be able to go to Kanto two more times including this trip. Lets make the best of this chance." Takeda Sensei exclaimed. They were currently at Nekoma High School ready to play some practice matches.

Upon entering the gym, (Y/N) immediately noticed Bokuto who seemed like he was bouncing off the walls.

"Hey, Tsukki! Jump some blocks for me! Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto exclaimed full of energy. Tsukishima stared at him blankly.

"Yes. Thanks for working with me." Tsukishima replied in an oddly formal manner. Surprised Bokuto jumped back.

"Why are you so surprised when you're the one who asked?"Akaashi muttered. (Y/N) walked over to the score board where Shimizu was. (Y/N) watched in amazement as, Kuroo blocked Lev's spike.

"Hey, Tsukishima! How long are you going to stand there and watch?" Kuroo exclaimed, Tsukishima handed you his water bottle and joined their game. (Y/N) smiled as they began to play, seemed like Tsukishima was putting in more effort.

"Proud of Tsukishima, huh?" Sugawara teased, noticing (Y/N)'s expression.

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" (Y/N) remarked at the third year. Sugawara pouted at her, making (Y/N) laugh.

"You're no fun." Sugawara muttered leaving her alone. (Y/N) stared at his retreating figure and smiled to herself. She remember how intimidating he seemed to her, Sugawara was nothing but friendly.

Her fear of people just got in the way of seeing that.

~~~

A/N: Thank you so much for reading :)