15

October 27, 2012 (final set)
Saturday 11:47 AM

(Y/N) watched as Sugawara walked onto the court. Her heart was racing, this was the final set. If they won this they'd go to Nationals. Nervously she fiddled with her fingers, 15 points, they just need to score 15 points to win.

Damn it...the pressure is insane.

1-1, no one was ahead yet, but (Y/N) knew that they'd have to push hard in order to win. Receiving the ball, Sugawara aimed it at Nishinoya.

"Libero setting?" Saeko asked in confusion. (Y/N) smiled remembering all the times they had practice spiking with Nishinoya as a setter.

"Alright!" They all yelled as Sugawara spiked the ball scoring a point.

4-1, (Y/N) cheered in the bleachers. They were 3 points head!

"Azumane, nice serve!" she yelled at the third year. They received the ball, but broke their formation. (Y/N) watched as the ball was tossed to Ushijima, jumping up he raised his arm and smacked it.

It went through and landed on Karasuno's side, they scored a point. Cheers were heard across the gymnasium. Ushijima went to the back of the court, preparing to serve.

"Get an intense one over!" one of his teammates exclaimed. Ushijima jumped and slapped the ball, Asahi was able to touch it, but it ultimately just bounced off.

"We'll get the next one." Daichi exclaimed. The whistle rang again and Ushijima leaped up and smacked the ball again. Fortunately, Daichi was able to receive it successfully and passed it on to his teammates.

Going over the net, it was tossed to Ushijima who spiked it back, earning them a point. (Y/N) stared at the scoreboard in fear.

They caught up already.

Serve after serve, Shiratorizawa were able to rack up points and gain a lead. Serving once again, Ushijima hit the ball over. Daichi quickly pass it over to Sugawara who gave it to the other side. Their setter tossed it to Ushijima, who struck it right into Tsukishima's hand.

"One touch!" the blond yelled a his teammates. However, Nishinoya couldn't connect the ball and Shiratorizawa gained another point.

"So annoying..." Shiratorizawa's setter, Shirabu commented. Overhearing this Tsukishima smiled at him.

"Thanks." he exclaimed, taunting the opponent.

They continued the match with Tsukishima watching and trying to block the ball. Eventually, the setter tossed it to Ushijima, making Tsukishima run over next to Tanaka ready to block. Jumping up the ball hit Tsukishimas right hand and went flying.

Daichi dived for the ball, but couldn't save it. (Y/N) watched in horror as Tsukishima held his hand in pain. His teammates surrounded him concerned and (Y/N)'s heart drop when she spotted something.

Blood.

Without missing a beat she rushed down the stairs to the main floor. Quickly following behind was Akiteru. Tsukishima spotted the two, taken aback by (Y/N)'s concerned expression. His hand was wrapped around in a towel.

"Ah, (L/N)-san, please help him to the infirmary." Shimizu said before walking back into the gym with the rest of the team.

"Good, it looks like you're not going to die from that." Akiteru exclaimed, Tsukishima let out a laugh.

"I'm being pretty useless when it matters the most. Though, after five sets, I'm pretty tired, so it's sort of nice to be able to rest." Tsukishima commented, he began walking away. Akiteru let out a sigh of relief while (Y/N) followed him.

They walked down the hallway and turned the corner. It was completely silent, until (Y/N) broke it.

"You liar."  she muttered tears brimming in her eyes. Tsukishimas eyes widened as the girl began to cry, they stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Why do you act like you're n-not worried?" (Y/N) stammered, she hit his chest softly with a clenched fist.

"Why lie to your brother?" she continued this time it came out like a whisper.

~~~
October 27, 2012 (final set)
Saturday 11:57 AM

The two sat in the infirmary, the nurse had finished bandaging his hand up and left the room. Tsukishima had to stay here until it was okay for him to go back. No one spoke, it was dead silent in the room.

Tsukishima glanced over at (Y/N) who's eyes were puffy from crying earlier. Tsukishima was surprised to say the least, he rarely ever see her cry. He also felt bad that he's the reason she cried.

"W-what?" (Y/N) stammered.

"I'm sorry." Tsukishima muttered.

"For what?" She asked.

"For pretending." He replied, making (Y/N) sigh.

"I'm sorry for hitting you." she mumbled, making Tsukishima smile.

"Worried you hurt me?" he joked, making (Y/N)'s face flush red. He looked over and made eye contact with her, making her look away.

"S-Stop." she stuttered, her heart began beating quicker.

"Why? You're cute." Tsukishima commented nonchalantly. (Y/N)'s face turned even redder and she covered it with her hands.

"Stop saying that." she exclaimed, but it was muffled by her hands.

"(Y/N)." Tsukishima paused, (Y/N) looked up at him and heat rushed to his cheeks.

"Can I tell you something?"

~~~