OO1

"you're on the phone, with
your girlfriend, she's upset."

"rise and shine!" yedam barged into sumin's room, which made her open her eyes and roll it heavenwards. she covered her face with her blanket before mumbling "five more minutes."yedam scoffed as he went closer to smack his best friend on the arm. "yah!" sumin yelled at him as she got up.

"don't 'yah' me. it's almost 8 and you're still on your bed- and are you drooling, kang sumin?" yedam pointed sumin's mouth. her eyes widened as she immediately got her cellphone on her study table to see if she was really drooling.

yedam grinned. "kidding." sumin reached for a book on the table and threw it to her best friend in which he easily dodged.

"i hate you!" she got her towel before pushing yedam out of her room and slammed the door on yedam's face.

"it's early in the morning, and the two of you are already shouting." sumin's father laughed as yedam helped him fix his suit.

"well, she's really active." mr. kang said which made yedam laugh as the both of them went downstairs.

"honey, i'm leaving for work now!" mr. kang bid goodbye to his wife who was in the kitchen.

"are you not going to wait for your daughter?" mrs. kang shouted back.

"don't worry! yedam is here. bye honey!"

"okay bye, hon!"

mr. kang patted yedam's shoulder and wore his shoes. "don't be late, okay?" he reminded yedam.

yedam nodded. "yeah, we will try, dad." mr. kang shook his head before leaving their house. 

yedam went to the kitchen and saw mrs. kang, putting a strawberry jam on the toast.

"but mom, sumin hates strawberry." yedam told mrs. kang. well, basically yedam and sumin were friends since they were wearing diapers, and their parents were friends since high school, so it was not a surprise that he calls sumin's mother as "mom" and her father "dad". they were really close that yedam even has his own room and clothes in their house. sumin was the same, she calls yedam's mother as "mom", his father "dad", and has her own room in the bang's residence.

"oh, right! i forgot." she cliked her tongue. "have you eaten your breakfast, yedamie?" mrs. kang asked in which yedam responded with a nod.

"flippin' bang freakin' yedam, where are you?" sumin shouted.

"in the kitchen." yedam answered and got a toast without any jam on it from the plate.

"you're stealing my mother again." sumin whined upon arriving the kitchen and pouted.

yedam laughed as he gave sumin the toast. "it's not my fault, mom likes me better than you." yedam stuck his tongue out. sumin acted as if she was about to punch yedam on the face, which made yedam chuckle and pinched her cheeks.

"ow. ow. ow." sumin slapped yedam's arm to stop him from murdering her cheeks. mrs. kang laughed at the sight as she removed her apron. she gave yedam a hug and kissed sumin's forehead.

"now have fun at school, darlings."

sumin took a bite on her toast before hugging her mother tightly. "see you later, eomma." sumin said and grabbed yedam's hand. yedam waved his free hand to mrs. kang before they left their household.

---

while walking at the hallway, yedam was looking at his phone nonstop as he let out a deep sigh. sumin looked at him before peeking at his phone screen.

"you guys fought again?" sumin was referring to yedam's girlfriend, shin chaeyoung. they have been going out for months now. chaeyoung was the most popular girl in school, and so was yedam. they were labelled as the school's "it couple". and these days, sumin noticed that the two of them were always fighting.

yedam nodded as he put his phone on his pants' pocket. "i was only a minute late in replying her text because i was making some fact sheets and reviewer for the upcoming exams, and she suddenly became angry. and then she started sending messages saying i was a cheating. now, she's still mad at me." yedam raked his hair due to frustration.

sumin scoffed and shook her head. "is she serious?! should i kill her for you?" she cracked her knuckles.

yedam playfully hit her arm and said, "i love her. don't you dare."

those six words instantly made sumin's mood drop. "ah." was the only thing sumin could reply.

when will that be me?