end.

"you belong with me."

"sumin, i like you." sumin stopped from what she was doing and looked at yedam, confusingly. her heart started thumping so fast that even she, herself, could hear the 'badum' sound. she did not want to assume things. maybe he meant that he likes her as his sister.

"o-of course, you do. i'm your best friend." sumin smiled, a fake one.

please tell me it's more than that. she thought— she prayed.

yedam sighed as he faced sumin and cupped her cheeks. "i like you... like romantically." yedam said, honestly. he did regret telling her that, because he thought that their friendship might get affected. but since it already came out of his mouth— then it's now or never.

they were both staring at each others' eyes. "i understand if you don't feel the same way as m- hey sumin! why are you crying?" yedam panicked when sumin started sobbing. he started overthinking.

"what if she doesn't want to lose me as a best friend?"

"what if she doesn't feel the same w— wait, no yedam. even if she doesn't, you have to pursue her."

"but what if..."

sumin suddenly hugged yedam which caused him to be surprised. "sumin, are you okay? i'm sorry, if i liked you. i'm not gonna force you to like me back-"

sumin giggled as she wipe her tears away and pulled away from the hug. "silly. i like you, too. a lot." she smiled.

yedam blinked for a few times before he pinched himself. he winced in pain as sumin slapped his shoulder.

"yah! why did you pinch yourself?!"

"haha. so i was not dreaming? haha y-you really do like me back?"

sumin rolled her eyes. "you know, what. i'm taking it back-"

"oh no, you would not dare, kang sumin." yedam smiled as he cupped sumin's cheeks, once again. "how? when?" he asked sumin.

"uhrm..." sumin fiddled with her fingers while yedam was laughing at the sight.

she's really cute.

"ever since... i don't know. before you dated shin chaeyoung?" she laughed awkwardly as she scratched the back of her neck, trying to hide the fact that she was shy. dang, that is really embarrassing. she thought.

"what?" yedam blinked. he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"i just didn't want to ruin everything, including our friendship. so i didn't tell you. wait... more importantly. how did you like me anyway?"

yedam brought her back to his arms again and kissed her forehead. "it was you ever since the beginning. maybe i was just too dumb not to notice that i actually really like you because i treated you as a sister. but today... i'm really sure, sumin."

"i really like you... no wait, i love you, kang sumin." yedam confessed while looking at sumin's eyes which was on the verge on crying, again by the way.

i guess, all of us can relate. because bij, yedam was really dumb for like... i don't know 20 chapters or more— heck why am i ruining the atmosphere?

move along!

"i love you too, yedam." yedam smiled at her reply and pulled her to his embrace.

yedam then remembered all of the times that sumin was there for him. she supported him from everything that he wanted to do. she would pick him up everytime he fell to the ground and dusted away all of the remaining dirt called pain and would plaster a smile on his face. she understood him. she was always with him through thick and thin, through smiles and cries. she got his back. and he was too dumb to noticed that he was falling for his best friend, too. he wanted her to stay happy. he wanted to see her smile. he wanted her to be the reason for every wonderful things he would experience in his life. he wanted her.

in that exact moment, yedam promised to himself that he will never let her go.

she belonged to him, and he belonged to her.