O11

"i can't help thinking this
is how it ought to be."

sumin was looking at the bookshelves trying to find a good read. until she suddenly found a book entitled "all the bright places" by jennifer niven. the preface caught her attention so she picked it and went to find a seat.

she looked around and saw a vacant seat near the window. she sat there and started immersing herself with the book.

yedam arrived just in time for lunch and when he reached at the library he immediately looked for his best friend. there he saw sumin sitting near the window, staring at the book in front of her. it was obvious that she had finished reading the book and still can't get over it.

he went there and tapped her shoulder but she did not response. he stared at the book and looked at the cover to know what was the book title. when he saw it was entitled "all the bright places", he immediately understood that sumin was crying.

"you must be crying over theodore finch now." yedam said which caused sumin to look at him. he thought it was just a mild cry but he was bewildered to see her looking like a mess crying over a fictional character.

"but theo..." sumin sniffed and wiped her tears using her hand.

"yeah, okay. let's go and eat your lunch so you can throw tantrums outside the library, where you aren't allowed to shout." he dragged sumin out of the library who was still completely dazed on her own thoughts about theodore finch's suicide.

(a/n: okay if you haven't read the book yet. i'm so sorry in advance. i will be giving some spoilers. and i love you finch, you will always be alive in my heart. *makes random crying noises*)

the two of them went to their favorite fried chicken resto because yedam knew that the only thing which can heal sumin was a piece of chicken wing.

"yedam! sumin! how long has it been?" the store owner said as yedam smiled at her but sumin was just looking at the ground.

"she must've read a sad novel today." the store owner said.

yedam nodded. "yeah, she did. is it okay for her to throw tantrums here?" he asked.

"of course. she always does anyway. oh! are you getting the usual?" she asked.

"yeah and with..."

"lots of onion." they said in unison. yedam and the store owner laughed.

"i know. she loves it. oh and a bottle of cola?"

yedam smiled. "a bottle of cola." he replied and brought sumin to a table. she was still having an emotional breakdown because she still couldn't accept it. when their chicken arrived, yedam picked up a chicken wing and handed it to sumin. she got it and started eating it. minutes later, she started crying.

"there she goes." yedam shook his head.

"i'm so sorry, theeoooo! huhuhuhuhu he was so worth it. he made violet come out of her shell. he saved violet. he emphatized with violet so much and he completed her character. i felt so sorry for him because everyone would call him a freak and any nasty adjective. i felt so sad that his father left him and his mother didn't know what he was feeling. he shouldn't have commited suicide! he deserves to be alive!" she was now crying so loud but yedam just sighed and ate his chicken.

he gave her a glass of soda in which she immediately chugged. "calm down, minnie." yedam told her. sumin sniffed for the last time before saying, "let me enjoy my chicken wings."