Katie POV

I was talking to Aiden trying to get him to make a temporary alliance with my cabin, when out of the blue he said he would do it if I would take archery lessons from him. Not my cabin, just me. I laughed, and said yes. I held out my hand for him to shake, he took it. His broad fingers closed around my thin ones. Under normal circumstances, Will would be out here, but he was busy this morning, so I saved him and Nico some muffins. Aiden was the backup counselor in case Will couldn't be there.

Aiden left toward the rest of his cabin, and I was about to go to the infirmary To deliver the muffins, when Travis Stoll of all people walked up to me wearing his signature smirk. I swear that's his resting face. He tried to make an alliance with my cabin, but I shot him down fast, and quickly made my exit. 

I jogged over to the infirmary, and put my hand on the handle. I closed my eyes, and opened the door, braced for the worst. I heard nothing. I put the plastic bag of muffins on a nearby side table, and looked around the main room. "Will? Nico?'' I called into the large room. 

Something fell with a hard thud, and I heard Nico complain. Will scrambled out from behind the curtain in the back. "Hey Katie... What's up?"

"Well for starters we teamed up for capture the flag on Thursday. Girls night is tomorrow in the big house, Chiron said I have the day off with my friends tomorrow and that includes you. Oh! And you and Nico missed breakfast so I brought you muffins and was too afraid to check behind the curtain because I know I would have been scarred for life. Have you made progress in here? With the supplies?" 

Will blushed, and said, "Thanks for the muffins. And am I invited to Girl's Night tomorrow? I assume you guys got permission from Chiron?'' 

"Yes I did."

Nico comes out from behind the curtain with an armful of bandage rolls saying, "Do I get the day off. And why does Will get to go to girls night?''

"Errr, no, and do you really want to spend the night gossiping with teenage girls, talking about relationships, and doing makeovers?" 

"I'm also going." added Will.

"Now that I think about it, I'll spend the night in the Hades cabin."

"Hazel and the other girls would be grateful." I had become pretty good friends with the girls from the 7, plus Rachel Dare since the war against the giants.

"I will also be there."

"Will would like to add that he will still be there." I gave Will a sarcastic look, and put one hand on my hip. Will stuck his tongue out in true mature fashion. "Well I gotta bounce lover boys. Don't get in to much trouble." 

I turn to leave, and Will hugs me quickly, "I heard about the flowers Katie. I'm sorry."

I shrugged, and left. I headed toward the strawberry fields. I had about half an hour before archery training with the Hermes and Apollo cabins.

I was pulling weeds through the rows of strawberries, and trying to forget about this morning. I spot a piece of paper. It was a note from a Demeter camper, who it was I did not know, to a Nemesis camper. It had been ripped in half. Probably by the Nemesis camper. I made a mental note to throw it away later.

I stood up, and brushed off my clothes. I stuck my gardening gloves into my back pocket along with the note, and headed to the archery range.

I jogged over to the gathered crowd of demigods ready to start archery. Aiden spotted me and waved me over to his line. 

I stood next to him with a bow and a couple arrows. Aiden stood behind me, and helped me line up the arrow. He stepped back, and I shot the arrow straight into the bullseye of the target. I looked back at Aiden and smiled. He smiled back. I glanced at Chiron who nodded proudly. He galloped over to where me and Aiden were smiling at each other.

"Aiden, can you continue to teach Katie archery?" He asked. Aiden nodded. "I mean this with heart Katie, but you aren't the greatest archer. You are a typically better knife person." I nodded understandingly. Chiron pointed to a spare target, and me and Aiden walked over to it.

He demonstrated how to line up a shot on my own, and shot his arrow, it falling just short of the center.

"Don't make me feel better about myself. I know I have some natural talent."

Aiden just looked at me, and we both burst out laughing. I noticed Travis glaring at Aiden's shoulder.

"Hey Katie, will you come with me to the lake party tonight?" Aiden ran a hand through his light brown hair.

"Sure Aiden." 

He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back.

Travis stormed out of the archery range.

Huh. Weird.