Katie POV

After I gave Stoll the soup, I went back to the dining pavilion, and tackled Aiden in a hug. He was like a whole foot taller than me, so I didn't knock him over.

"Why did you do that?" He asked.

"Do what?"

"Bring Travis the soup."

"I do that for everyone. I did it for you last year."

"Yeah ok." He let it drop. 

We sat down at the Demeter table. Today Chiron said we could eat wherever we wanted to at lunch. We started to eat and talk. He made me laugh with some stupid jokes, then about halfway through lunch he had to leave to help in the infirmary. 

My best friend Lou Ellen popped up. Like literally. She came out of nowhere. It stopped surprising me after a while because Lou is a daughter of Hectate. 

Her 15 birthday was last month, and she showed me and only me her tattoo. It's a keychain of a winged shoe. I know her soulmate is her friend, (and long time crush, but don't tell her I told you) Cecil from Hermes, because his tattoo is a black witches hat that Lou owns. Lou refuses to believe it. The only reason I even know his tattoo is because of a dare that Lou had not been in the room for.

Lou sat beside me and asked what I wanted to do for our day off tomorrow. 

"Well, we could get Chiron's permission to go shopping in the city. Argus could take us, and we could take our weapons and hide them with Mist."

Lou nodded, "Not that I need it. My knifes turn into black bangles."

I raise an eyebrow, "Since when?"

"I threatened one of the Hephaestus kids to make them, because Cecil accidentally ruined my old ones."

I shrug it off. "Let's go ask Chiron."

After lots of begging and pleading, and promising that everyone will be well armed, and that Hazel, Lou, and Annabeth will be there (because Hazel and Lou control the mist, and Annabeth because its Annabeth), Chiron finally gave in. 

Lunch ended, and we had afternoon activities. Lou promised she would be at the party tonight.

Time skip to the Miranda and Katie getting ready for the party.

"I'm so proud Katie. You are finally going to a not Chiron approved party!" Miranda whisper squealed. 

The thing with these parties are, the people who throw specifically pick the days that the harpies aren't there. Chiron didn't actually say we can't throw them anymore, actually, he's aware of them. He just wants up to be semi normal teenagers sometimes. You had to be at least 13 to get in. I didn't usually go because I needed to watch my siblings, but tonight, Rose said she'd watch them. Rose is 13, but is to shy to go to these parties.

Miranda and I changed into our bathing suits.

Mine was a teal two piece. The top had thin straps, and no patterning, only a twist kind of thing. The bottom was high waisted, because I was self conscious, and was floral patterned. 

Miranda wore a floral two piece also

Miranda wore a floral two piece also. It had beautiful watercolor looking flowers on it, in shades of mint green and magenta. 

We put on jean shorts, and I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail

Right before we left, I grabbed a light jacket because I was always cold.

Rose gave us a thumbs up as we slipped our the door. I stepped forward and bumped into Miranda. She watched two identical figures leave the Hermes cabin. 

"Hey," I said softly, "You don't have to break up with him for me. I know you really liked him. You could get back together with him at the party."

"Barely one day into the breakup and I already want him back. Let's just go before one of our siblings wake up."

We leave the cabin porch, and manage to reach the golf cart before it left.

The golf cart was hard to explain. It is kind of like a bus. It took two trips to get to the party. And four trips to get back. Unless you asked Nico to take you instead. Nico refused to be everyone's personal ride, so you want to be fast to ask him. The parties were always on a part of the lake that took a long time to get to, so the Hephaestus kids mage the golf cart. It was as big as we needed it to he, so all the kids piled onto it still had room. It also didn't require a driver, which was nice, because Miranda said some kids passed out by the end of the parties, and people needed to carry them back to their cabins. She never said why they passed out though.

Anyway, we got on the golf cart right before it left on the first trip. We looked for some open spots. I found some by Lou.

"You made it!" She whisper shouted.

"Yeah, but I feel kinda out of place here."

"You'll be ok. It's my first one too." said Hazel who was on Lou's other side, clutching Frank's hand.

"It's cool you guys got here right before my birthday." I said to Hazel and Frank.

"We're happy to be here for it Katie." Hazel grinned.

By now the golf cart had stopped, and everyone had started getting off. I got off, and Miranda and Lou guided me toward who knows where. I waved to Hazel and Frank, who had found Jason and Piper. (Jason is not dead, even though this book takes place after ToA).

Miranda handed me a plate, and said something about Leo making more plates like the ones from the Argo 2. She spoke to her plate, and food appeared on it. Then suddenly, beautiful lights popped on all around the secret beach.

"Lou Ellen hides it using Mist." said Miranda.

We took off our shorts, and I took off my jacket, and we put them in a pile next to a tree with a sign with Miranda's name on it. When I asked about it she said, "You have to reserve a tree." and then left me alone.

I figured Aiden wasn't here yet, so I asked my plate for some chips.

I ate for a bit, and then saw Aiden. I put the plate down next to the pile of Miranda and I's things, and started to make my way through the crowd to him.

Someone bumped into me, and knocked me over, and then fell on top of me. I examined his face, and realized it was Travis.