Travis POV

I hate life. I am lying face down on my pillow moaning. Connor came in about 5 minutes after I stormed out of the archery range.

"So Katie right?" He casually leaned in the doorway.

I looked up surprised. I swear I hid the fact that I liked her pretty well.

Connor smirked, " I knew it."

"Yeah, you figured it out. I have been secretly in love with Katie Gardner since we were 12. Ok! Now leave me alone." I dramatically flopped down onto my pillow.

"Well I figured. I'll just tell Chiron you feel sick and can't finish archery today." Connor closed the door and walked away.

A couple minutes later I heard a knock on the door. "Connor leave me alone." I walked over to the door, "I already told you-" I opened the door and saw Katie holding a box.

She looked at me and said, " I'm guessing this is a bad time fo you? I'll just come back after lunch." She turned away.

"Do something." A voice in my head urged.

"Aphrodite?" I asked.

"No it's Apollo, of course it's me! Now do something Travis!" Aphrodite urged.

I just stood there, by now Katie was almost off the porch.

"Ugh." Aphrodite said. My body moved on its own, I lunged forward  and grabbed Katie's hand.

Her body whipped around, and she faced me. "Yes Travis?" Her faced looked slightly annoyed.

I imagined Aphrodite controlling my actions and smirking up on Olympus, bingeing whatever on Hephaestus TV. "Uhhh. It's not a bad time..." I mumbled.

"Well then, here you go." She hands me the box.

I look at her confused.

"It's soup I got when lunch started, because Connor said you were sick. And aloe gel from my aloe plant to help you cool down, because your face is bright red." 

I realized I was blushing. "Uhh, thanks Katie." I said.

"No problem Stoll. I do it for like everyone." She said.

"Are you going to the lake party tonight?" I asked, Aphrodite putting the idea in my head that I could ask her as my date. 

"Yeah. Aiden asked me at archery today." She leaned against the pole at the top of the stairs. 

I looked at her. "I. Have. A. Date. Bye. Stoll." She paused between each word, then left for lunch. I saw her run toward the dining pavilion into the arms of a tall guy.

"Micheals." I growled to myself.

"What was that?" One of my little sisters suddenly appeared in front of me upside down. She hung by her legs on that wooden beam that went across the porch roof.

"Evelyn get down from there." I scolded.  She jumped down, and smirked at me. "Evelyn. What did you do?" I said slowly.

"Nothing Travis." She sprinted off as fast as her legs could carry her. I din't have the energy to follow.

I went inside to eat what was probably now cold soup. At least Katie forgave me enough to bring me soup after this morning. 

Progress right?