Twenty Eight

The rest of the day I dedicated to loving and paying more attention to her than I ever have.

She was still at her most vulnerable point, her biggest life secret that she had hid for so many years was out and I couldn't even tell how she felt about that.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I cuddled her into me, stroking her hair gently.

"I'm fine." She spoke quietly.

"Do you want to talk more about it?" I asked her quietly, getting no response for a few seconds.

"Not right now" she spoke, tucking her head into my neck.

"Do you need to cry?" I asked her.

There was silence

But the smallest nod.

"You can cry" I whispered to her, kissing her head gently

And as if she was waiting on permission, she immediately let out what she had been holding in for so long.

The more she cried, the tighter I held her.

"I just want my family- I want to feel normal somewhere. I just want a life." She sobbed into my shoulder.

I closed my eyes, and I comforted her the best way I knew, holding her and letting her cry,

"Hey Luke, do we-" Ashton froze once he entered the room, seeing me holding the crying girl that I had been begging to break down to me for months.

"What happened?" Ashton asked slowly.

"We had a small break through, but everything's gonna be okay." I spoke, kissing her forehead gently.

Ashton joined us, sitting on the other side of us.

"Is there anything I can do? Anything I can go get?" He asked slowly.

"I don't think so" I spoke, pulling away to glance to her face, knowing she likely wouldn't flat out say if she needed something.

"Just call me if you do." He spoke, giving her shoulder a small squeeze before leaving the room.

"Luke?" She questioned slowly, making me hum.

"Why do you care about me?" She asked me slowly.

"What do you mean?" I asked quickly.

"Like- no ones ever given a fuck about what's wrong with me or my feelings, but from day one I knew you cared, but why?" She spoke.

"I think- i think I can just feel the pain that you're going through in your mind, and I want nothing but to help you through that, I care about making you better." I told her slowly.

"But you're not going to leave me when it's all over, right?" She spoke quickly.

"Of course not" I told her

"You're stuck with me until you choose to not want me around anymore"