Twenty Nine

Over the next week, we made Mila happier than I've ever seen her.

We took her to trampoline parks, we had water ballon fights, we baked, we cooked, and we had so many bonding moments.

I didn't know how I was supposed to go back to seeing her for only an hour every three days.

But her dads were coming back in the morning, and to be fair- they seemed to be growing.

They had FaceTimed her twice, sent multiple pictures and kept up with her through text pretty consistently.

She seemed to be growing well also, she talked to them when they called- it was nothing compared to how much she talked to me, but it was growth, and I made sure to acknowledge the growth as soon as she hung up with them.

We were currently having a movie night, but Mila was already out cold, her head on my shoulder, holding my arm to her chest.

"Gonna miss her?" Michael smiled once the movie was over.

"I really think so." I laughed lightly.

"You're gonna tell her guardians her story?" Ashton asked me, knowing that I knew her past.

I nodded slowly.

I legally had to, it was in all the paperwork that she even signed to agree.

"How do you think she'll feel about that?" Calum asked.

"I mean she also signed the paper saying I could tell them what I discover and how I'm going to handle it, but I'm going to ask that they don't talk to her about it, just let me do it." I spoke, getting nods from each of them.

"Kinda wish she wouldn't have signed the papers."

The next morning I woke up to her alarm, noticing we all fell asleep downstairs.

I turned it off for her, feeling her shift against me.

"We gotta get up" I tried to convince myself,

"No" she whined into my chest.

"They're gonna be here in an hour, you still have to pack your stuff"

So slowly, I got her upstairs where she tiredly packed her stuff.

"I'm showering" she spoke suddenly, making me laugh.

"You're gonna be late-" "they can wait five minutes." She laughed lightly, moving into the bathroom with clothes.

I went downstairs as she showered and soon, there was a knock.

I let the two men in, telling them she would be a few minutes before we all moved to the bar in the kitchen, standing around it.

"So, found out anything?" Blake asked slowly.

The guys left, wanting to respect her secret.

"I did find out some stuff, but I'm asking that you guys don't talk to her about it until she's ready, just stick to me and her talking about it until I can get her mentally prepared to openly discuss it." I told them, seeing them nod.

And so, I told them.

I held back some details, which is against the law, but they didn't need to know everything, just that she was drugged and sexually harassed by her parents and other individuals.

They were speechless by the time I finished.

"Once again, I just ask that you don't talk to her about it yet."