XXXII

I know my way around a poker board and I can call someones bluff. However these boys are making it particularly easy based on how pissed drunk they are. No wonder why casinos make so much money, it is like taking candy from a baby. We are in our third round of this deal when I feel a hand place itself on my thigh. Spot's hand is just above my knee cap on my inner thigh. Unfortunately, this distracts me from my card counting causing me to slip on my big blind.
When I check my two cards, is when I realized I should of bet higher. The middle as yet to be revealed but I'm feeling quite good about my chances. The round starts with Spot betting three red. It is the highest beginning bet all night, he is bluffing. Laces folds, and the next two match it. Feeling cocky I raise it two six res, and good thing I did. The flop comes down revealing I am making the right decision. Spot's grip tightens on my leg, he is nervous. I do not know how the other boys have not called his bluff yet, sure he is smirking but his eyes are screaming for help. The raise doesn't scare him though he pays it. This continues until it is only Spot and I. Let's make things interesting.
"I'm all in" I say, sliding all of my chips in the middle. I am confident I am going to win this pot. But I try my best to hide the Glee behind my eyes.
Spot doesn't say anything and just pushes his chips in the middle. The remaining boys begin whispering.
He reveals his two of a kind, Jack high. Usually that isn't the worst hand in the world. Unfortunately for him though it doesn't beat my full house ace high. The boys whispering stops as they watch me take the pot. Spot is never the first one out, but if he keeps playing with me he is going to have to get used to it.
Now that Spot is out I decide to sit on his lap as we finish the game. The three of us were playing for a while until I eventually lose. All of my luck went into the full house, but I am getting tired anyway. Spot and I head back into his room to go to bed. By the time my head hits the pillow it must be around two in the mourning. I am asleep before Spot can come out of the bathroom.
I wake up but it is still dark outside, Spot's grip on me making it impossible to move. He is mumbling in his sleep, most of it makes no sense but other times it it clear as day. He keeps repeating the word no, and when he does his whole body shakes. In-between his shudders he looks so peaceful, but when he starts mumbling again his body and his grip tightens around me. His eyebrows furrows, this time he doesn't seem to calm down. I don't know what to do, should I let him sleep or should I wake him up? A few tears begin to fall down his face. I have to wake him up.
I rub his collar bone until he stirs awake. Relief washes over him as he becomes familiar with his surroundings. He pulls me into a hug, resting his head in the crook of my neck. I rub his back hoping that it is soothing him and it seems to work.
"Do you want to talk about it" I ask him. I do not want to push his boundaries again.
"No, I'se just want ta lay here" Spot says into my neck.
After laying together for a few minutes I can feel myself start to nod off but, I am jolted back to reality when I feel I Spot's lips on my neck. My breathing hitches and my heart skips a beat. He continues for a minute until be begins to lightly bite my skin. I let out a whimper, I do not know what is happening to me.
Spot pulls away and looks into my eyes for a second, "I might of left a mark". Even in the dark I can feel his blush.
Instead of saying anything I being to do the same where his neck and jaw meets. Now I feel his breath hitch, it's intoxicating. His grip around my waist tightens and he pulls me closer. Our legs are getting tangled together now. I am satisfied with the mark I left on his jaw so I pull away.
"I guess we are even now" I chuckle. This is perfect, nothing in this moment could make me happier. Spot makes me forget about all of my problems back at the theater. When I am with him I feel like my best self, he is perfect.
All we did is cuddle until I cannot stay awake any longer. We didn't talk, all we did was enjoy eachother's presents. Something about that night made me open my eyes. Sure he has his flaws but how he makes me feel is irreplaceable.