XXXVIII

Spot barges into our room like he is looking for something. His eyes land on me, it looks like he found it. This is one of the few times he is smiling and it warms my heart. I know whatever he is going to say will be good news, I need good news.
"Medda says she approves of us" Spot is grinning ear to ear.
"Really?" I am in disbelief. What made her change her mind? How did he find out?
"Kelly told me afta the strike stuff. Medda misses you and she came to terms that we are a package deal" at this point Spot is practically jumping up and down. I've never seen him this happy.
"We should go over and let her know that I am okay" I say. He simply nods and he takes my hand. With that we are on our way to Manhattan.
I know that yesterday I wanted to come back to the theater, but that isn't my home. Home is with Spot and the boys in Brooklyn. Aunt Medda may approve of Spot and me but she certainly is not going to let me move in with Spot. Maybe she will let me, probably not. Is it even worth asking?
"What's wrong" Spot must of noticed my change in demeanor.
"I don't want to leave you guys at the lodging house. Irving isn't home, I can't even sleep when I am there" I let out. He seems to understand but we keep walking.
Spot opens the door to the theater and I see Aunt Medda running over a song with Haley.
"Hello" my voice echos thought the theater.
Aunt Medda's head spins around and she starts to run towards me. "I missed you so much! You had me so worried" She is smothering me but I don't dare move away. I return the hug until she loosens her grip.
She motions for Haley to leave, she just nods at Aunt Medda. However when she walks by me she roles her eyes. She hasn't liked me since the night she helped Spot sneak into the room downstairs.
We are all sitting on the stage when Aunt Medda pulls a familiar looking book out of her books, "I found this under your bed". She says looking at me, my cheeks flush red and Spot gives me a look. Aunt Medda found my journal, everything about Spot is in there. "It made me realize how much you care about Spot" Aunt Medda finishes. This catches Spot's attention, I think he just realized what that was.
"Can I read it" he asks with a teasing tone, his smirk ever so prominent.
Before I even respond I snatch my journal out of Aunt Medda's hand, "no, not even a chance!". I say holding it close to my chest. Not only do I have my feelings about Spot in here, it goes all the way back to when Steven and I dated. Of course Spot knows what Steven did to an extent but in the journal it goes into details. Detains he doesn't need to know about, or that I feel comfortable sharing. Not that I think Spot will make fun of me for it, it is just those entries bring back bad memories.
However Spot doesn't know about everything in the journal and he attempts to grab it anyways. This causes Aunt Medda to chuckle, she must have not read those entries.
"You two are too much" She says looking down at us, "but I have to break this up and talk about something a little bit more serious" her tone is somehow still playful but commanding. "(Y/N), I know you have trouble sleeping here because of all of the noise. I have talked to Edith, you are welcome to stay over there. However you do need work here. Freddy would be disappointed if he lost his acrobatic ballerina" she chuckles. Did she really just say I can stay with Spot? This is perfect, too perfect. "I have already packed up your fabric and some clothing downstairs for you. I want your costumes to stay here though. Why don't you go down and grab the suit case" she motions to Spot and he leaves. "Now (Y/N), don't do anything stupid while you are out with Spot" she says in a somber tone.
"Don't worry Aunt Medda. I'll be here tommorow mourning for practice" I say, easing her mind.
She sighs, "speaking of which, Freddy is extremely disappointed with you for not returning to do his choreography". Freddy is my teacher, like any student you don't want to disappoint your instructor. I am not able to muster any words so I just nod. "He will get over it. He loves doing your choreography because you can do so many different tricks" Aunt Medda says. That eases my mind.
Spot is appears with my suitcase in hand. I quickly excuse myself to grab anything that I need that is not in the suitcase. Heading straight for the vanity I grab the photos of Pittsburgh. Next to my nightstand and I grab the notes Wendy, Olivia, and I would write to each other. Finally I go under my bed and grab my pointe shoes. Before I go, I look back at the room. Was it nicer than the one at the lodging house? Yes, but it doesn't matter if I can't sleep in it. For as long as I stayed here I only got 4 good nights of sleep on a show night. One of those was only because Spot was here. I am still in shellshock that Aunt Medda is letting me move out. She probably just wants me out of her sights. Nonsense she wants me to perform her still. Get those thoughts out of your head. Even though this place never felt like home I still have great memories here. Claire and I used to gossip and get ready in here. I am happy to be moving in with Spot but have missed seeing Claire. Luckily we will be working together again, but I will miss seeing her almost everyday. I haven't seen her and Racetrack since they snuck me over to Brooklyn. Where is Claire? I have to get back upstairs before I worry myself to death.
Spot and Aunt Medda seem to be having a good time when I get back upstairs. Casual conversation continues for a little bit until it begins to eat away at me. Where is Claire?
"How has Claire been" I ask Medda. Her face seems to be all I need to know. The welcoming smile turns into a frown.
"She is fighting with that boy of hers. Something about Mush getting in the way" Aunt Medda says.
Sounds like Claire, she always wants to move on and feels trapped easily. But why is she going back to Mush, he cheated on her. I gave Racetrack ten dollars so they can be together and she just throws it down the drain. The things I did for them, Race is a good guy, why can't she see that. He is completely head over heels for her all she wants is to get into trouble. If she starts dating Mush again she'll get her heart broken. On top of the fact that her and Racetrack would be through. I need to talk some sense into her.