25- Love, No Longer Fiction

A little note, I cried while writting this. Maybe I was just so emotional that its really coming to an end. Sorry if you encounter errors.
------------------------------
I split her hair into two, combing
every strand and getting it together, hoping it would work. I roll my eyes at frustration, I'm just not cut out for this.

"Ai'Mean! Come here!" I scream visciously while covering Chariya's ears with both of my warm hands.

Mean comes in, I stared at him. He was topless with only an apron on, he had flour all over his face, and he stood by the door frame stupidly with a spatula on his right hand, mouth wide open from shock at my sudden call.

"What, what is it?!" He asked me, panic in his voice. I covered Chariya's eyes and looked at him sternly.

"You really want your daughter to see you like that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Like what?" He shrugs his shoulders and walks towards us. Placing the spatula on our daughter's table. Mean takes my hands off of her eyes and holds her shoulders. He smiles at her, and it made me happy. Happiness– its what we always wanted, right?

"Daddy looks good like this, right?"

Chariya smiles, not showing her teeth which she usually does when she's truly, truly happy.

Chariya stretches out her small, little hands and wipes her daddy's face. "A grown man shouldn't be playful like this, dad" She said calmly, and Mean's face turned from playful to "playfully"  scared. He turns to look at me, "What have you been teaching her? She's only 7 and this mature?" He looks at me, eyebrows knitted to the center.

"Dad!" She stomps her feet which makes Mean back away a bit. I put down the brush and held my daughter's shoulders. I got up and looked at Mean, "I really can't do her hair. Help me out" I whine.

"Yeah, sure. I'm done with cooking anyway. Just eat it, get ready and we'll leave" He looked up at me and smiled. "I love you"

I gave him a look which made him and our daughter laugh. 

"Hon, you ready?" Mean walks out of our daughter's room, finally dressed, of which I don't know how it happened, but anyway. He walks out of the room, looking stunning, as always. And I see our daughter, I've changed since we've wedded. Everything changed. Chariya became our world.

"Yeah, you dressed our baby so pretty" I tell him in a soft, cute voice.

"Hmm, you're using that voice again" He teases.

"I only use it on our baby"

"Pa" she crosses her arms, "I'm not a baby anymore!" I caress her hair and smile at her, "Okay, okay. But, let's get going. We'll be late for your brother's recital"

"Have you seen him?" I asked Mean as we look through the whole school premises, Chariya by our side, calling out for his brother.

"Hey, Plan" Mean stops me, breathing carefully. "The teacher found him, he was by the fire exit. It will be his turn soon, so we gotta head back to the classroom"

"Yeah, let's go" I fix our clothes, and sat at the front.

"Chakrii Kijworalak Attachitsataporn, Year 1, class 1/8" The host says cheerfully. Our boy stands there, Mean and Chariya looked so proud.

"My family is odd to many
But my mind begs to disagree
I have two fathers who loves us more than their own glee
And a sister, more mature than she has to be

I know how hard they fought for that love
And I won't let other people take that away
I love them with all my heart
And today I say,
Their love, shall no longer be fiction"

He bows, tears in his eyes as he looks at us.

"And that concludes our class poem recital! Thank you to everyone who has participated!" everyone applauded, but I couldn't stop myself from running towards my son. Its not normal for a teenage boy to actually show love, they'd be too shy to do that.

I looked at Mean, our daughter, our son, and it made me realize, every battle– may it be small, big, or anything else. Is worth it.

I hugged them in a group hug, looked at Mean in the eyes.

"Seriously, what do you teach them?" He smiles at me proudly.

I leaned in closer, letting our lips intertwine with our hands covers our kids' eyes.

This love, this love we fought for became love, no longer fiction.