3

"Everyone has their sides, able or not to control depending on the strength of each self."

The cafe is getting quieter because it's late at night. The workers at the cafe packed up the chairs and some arranged the cups on the shelves in their original place. Despite the hustle and bustle to close the shop, a man sat on a barstool at the far end. The workers there ignored the man because he was a regular customer at the cafe. They already knew the temperament of the man who liked to sit in the cafe until the closing time. 

Often, they will give space to the man but not today. With the entry of new staff who knew nothing about the man, the night that used to happen finally changed. Behind the staff, there was a pair of eyes that stared at the man sitting alone. Without feeling guilty, the staff stepped walking closer to the man.

"Good afternoon, sir." the rebuking staff's voice was enough to wake him from that reverie. He turned in the direction of the voice, he could only see a woman in a hijab and a hat covering half of her face.

"Good afternoon." He replied without enthusiasm.

"If you want to tell me to go back home, I'll go back but give me five more minutes-"

"That's not my intention sir," the staff placed a cup of his favourite latte on the bar. He was momentarily stunned when he saw the gift. "I may be a stranger but if you have anything in mind, you better let it go. It's not good to keep that burden to yourself.

He went silent listening to what she said. It was true that, from that moment on, he could feel a feeling that he had not felt for a long time. Hope, the feeling of having fertile hope.

"....thank you, I guess."

She chuckle and nodded before she leave him alone again. Continuing her task behind the bar.

..............

Cybercity North Forest is a place that is not visited because of its thick forest area and lots of wildlife. But that statement scares nothing for these two people. "Prof! I'm back," called the figure of a girl in her 20s.

Without delay, she entered the home of a former technology professor who once served under a famous tech company in Cybercity. "I don't," the professor shouted was the first thing the girl heard. The screams emanated from the professor's bedroom.

Prof! He must be in danger.

His bedroom door was kicked violently until it was ripped off. "Ah! Don't mess with me, I didn't create the programme!" shouted the professor who was still lying on his bed.

"Professor," the girl's call was filled with anxiety. As a precaution, she pointed a gun into every corner of his's bedroom. Strangely, there was no one in the room except herself and the professor who was lying on the bed and drenched in sweat. She sighed to herself. "A nightmare? I thought there was a robbery or something. You're lucky I don't shoot you, professor," she then sighed in relief.

After making sure there was no threat, step opened her steps slowly approach the bed and gently woke him up. "Professor, wake up, you're having a nightmare. Wake up," she exclaimed, softly.

His eyes widened as he jolt, surprised to see her sudden presence. "Hah?" he questioned himself while massaging his chest. She smiles sweetly, "I'm home. I just saw you having a nightmare." 

"I'm okay. If I'm not wrong, you going to move into the FSU dormitory, right?" the old genius ask befriended the face of astonishment.

She nodded once. "That's right, I came here because I want to visit you and I want to thank you for taking care of me all this time," she replied while handing his inhaler.