6

"Everyone has their sides, able or not to control depending on the strength of each self."

[Hey, wake up. Now!]

"Can you give me a day off? " asked Diaz. Once again the voice appeared in Diaz's head.

[There's no one here, wake up from your bed and go do something, shower, eat breakfast, anything.] 

Diaz shivered in horror, his arm hair stood like a soldier in a parade, sweat had started to fill his face, his heartbeat started to speed up as if he was forced to run 4000 km. "Leave me alone, can you?"

[Why, are you scared? I'm not a ghost!] said the mysterious voice again, this time laughing. 

"Don't laugh you, troublemaker!" Diaz shouted while cupping his head tightly due to extreme fear.

[Don't be afraid!] 

Diaz open his steps and quickly ran into the bathroom and then washed his face. He closed the bathroom door and continued to open the faucet roughly. Frightened by whatever just happened a moment ago. "No, I don't hear that voice, I'm not crazy. Maybe it's just my imagination since I'm too tired," he mumbled, again and again, convincing his pity self nothing happened just now. 

Enough until he can feel the cold sensation, he tilt his head towards the mirror and kept looking in the mirror and what was even scarier was he saw a teenager, in very similar attire and his eyes were all white, completely invisible pupils. His face looked back at Diaz himself with a cynical smile.  "Ah!!" Diaz shouted and slipped down because the toilet floor was slippery and his head hit hard on the side of the toilet bowl at once causing Diaz to passed out instantly.

.............

Diana is stunned, she holds her cup of coffee tightly as she slowly lowers her head. Guilt ate her whole mood at that time. "A week after that, I went to the hospital and I got diagnosed with Schizophrenia," Diaz added, again. 

"You must have suffered a lot while I'm gone," her voice, he knew very well Diana felt sorry for him but what can he do? Things happened and life must go on. "If you ask, yes. I suffered like hell when you're gone. I had sleep issues for three months straight, I have no appetite for a month and I can't stop thinking about you." Diaz's words pierce Diana's heart little by little. 

He could see that Diana's guilt slowly rose from the inside to the outside. As if he can read souls right now. "But, Diana. It's nobody's fault and I have never blamed you for anything, so cheer up," a smile etched on Diaz's lips. Seeing Diana still in her moody mood, Diaz reaches for Diana's chin, gently he pushes up her face to face his. Diana look right into his eyes but Diaz kept smiling for her. 

"It's okay, I'm okay now since you're okay."

"I'm so sorry Diaz. I appreciate your hard work to win my heart all these years but the truth is I love every version of you. From a dimwitted until the successful Diaz." 

Unconsciously Diana confess her heart, Diaz's eyes widened as he heard what Diana said just now. He let go of her chin and look another way beside her face. For a moment he kept silent and that's enough for Diana to know that he can't accept the truth. 

She knew it's not easy for a person to accept something they try hard on. And she knew, whatever she's thinking right now, she can't even understand. Love is hard and painful. She then reaches for her cup and sips a little from the cup. Trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Thank you."

She choked on her coffee. Why did he love to spoil someone like this?

Diaz turn to look at her, with a smile still etched on his lips, he again say the words. "Thank you."