7

"Everyone has their sides, able or not to control depending on the strength of each self."

Headquarters [Briefing Room]

Diaz run as fast as he can, he's late for a meeting and that's mean he's in big trouble. He can already imagine how's the chief's face while he steps into the briefing room. That old wrinkled face without any sparkles, scary enough to make an adult man cry. He saw the door for the briefing room, his eyes widened as he open his step faster than before. Without any shame, he burst into the room. 

"Forgive me, I'm late!" Diaz said in a strong tone and slowly dropped by one octave as he panted for breath. The room was silent, no one courageous enough to speak or move even an inch from their spot. He suddenly can feel a strong killing intent filling the room. Slowly he turns his gaze from the floor to the chief who standing in front of the round table that has a hologram floating in the air. 

"Diaz..." 

He gulped for sympathy, "Yes sir-" he didn't even get a chance to finish his words. 

"One hundred push up, now." 

"Yes sir!" 

Agents in that room shut their mouths while waiting for Diaz to finish his mulct. 

After 100 push-ups...

"It's been 20 years now and all of you still have the gits to report yourself this late?" 

Diaz who just took his seat only lowered his head to the floor, he has no courage to watch the chief's face right now. After a few minutes of lecture and intimidation, the chief finally get back to the main topic. 

"Did all of you have any idea what mission will you go through this time?" asked the chief as his fingers dance on the keyboard on the round table. The agents who were there shook their heads, not knowing what they were going to face this time. They gathered around the hologram table and remained silent while concentrating on anything the chief would say.

"Your mission is to stop a so-called vigilante group," a hologram of a group of men in formal attire appear in front of them "This is The Excov, the terrorists who don't know exceptions for children, women or the elderly," the chief continues, "Their record is worse than our targets before. They kill and hide the victim's body in the wall of orphans houses they build, they gave the victims meat to the dogs," he can see the agents reaction just with only glances, he then continue again, "and many more crime."

All of the agents didn't make any noises. Instead, they listen to every single word the chief talk about right now. "And in order of your safety, the authority and I agreed to separate all of you into a few groups, in each group will have all the cores," asked the chief in a cold but heart-piercing tone.

"Yes sir!" replied all the agents.

"Then, group Alpha, Khai, Mirable, Mey, and Eric, all of you won't participate in this mission for now. Instead, I have another mission for all of you. You need to solve the problem of harassment in the academy, it seems that the young agents now are out of control and the trainers were out of the field for now," said the chief. 

"Like, babysitting?" Khai asked with a surprised face. "Babysitting for a baby, they're all teenagers!" shouted the chief. At the speed of light, they all now stand in front of the door, excusing themselves to complete the babysitting mission. The chief shook his head and sigh, he got enough of their behaviour. He then explained the missions few other groups need to complete until only Diaz, Diana, Elise and Dio left. 

"Well, for the four of you, you will deal with The Excov. This is the agreement from the authority too so please be careful while completing the mission and always alert. We don't want the same thing to happen like before," said the chief firmly. Their mission is not something they can play with.

"Yes sir!" said the four agents.

"Your mission is to recapture the ownership of C-tech, rescue the hostages of The Excov and if possible, the authority wanted all of you to bring home the head of The Excov," he the sigh before continuing, "To be honest, I didn't recommend all of you to mess with the head, just hold tight to our line."

"To finish the mission as clean as we can," four of them simultaneously repeat the verses that are always mentioned by the trainers. "That's right."

"Understood," replied the agents.

"Off you go," said the chief.

Without wasting any more time, four of them walk out from the brief room and headed straight to the location that has been given in their intel. 

..............

Cybercity Harbour

"Did you got any intel of them?" asked Diaz who was hiding behind a cabin that was a little hidden from view. Four of them now separated in each other positions. They're now waiting for the arrival of The Excov. "No movements, no vehicles," replied Dio through earbud special for communications between agents.

"Did they know that we were here?" Elise asked in confusion while focusing on her surroundings. "No, I've found their location. Seems like they arrived a bit earlier than us," Diana who suddenly appeared behind Diaz playfully give a blow to his head. While Diaz was busy grumbling, The Excov arrived with the hostages.

Diaz was shocked by her sudden attack. "See that orange cabin of Everblue company, they're in there." Diana continues to give information.

"Got it," replied Elise and Dio, both of them stood up from their location and started to move to the cabin Diana mentioned just now. "Diaz be alert next time," said Diana and continued to get up from her seat. Diaz can only nod and stood up, following Diana toward the orange cabin, he kept his mouth shut. 

..............

"Bring the hostage here, the boss wants to see the 'meat'."

The cabin at that time can be considered lively considering where the crime took place. In the lively atmosphere, there also can listen to a voice in desperation, seeking help. Lively with smokes from cigarettes and many prohibited substances. 

"Release me!" the hostage pleaded and screamed but no matter how hard he try, no one was there to help him. Well, at least five minutes before. Now, with the appearance of the agents, the hostage may be saved. His mouth was covered with black tape. If the tape was pulled fast, the mouth of the hostage would be torn. Considering this group's history, the hostage needs to be saved quickly. The Excov is a group that was formed at random, which means, they took members who had killed many people, crazy scientists, thugs, psychopaths and many more.

"Shush, calm down okay. Boss didn't like noisy people like you," a minion of the group slowly pulls off the tape that close the hostage's mouth just now. He can see the plastered on the hostage's face. 

What about the boss? He just sits there, watching the hostage struggling to save his precious life. Seeing people struggling and begging for their life is fun for a heartless psychopath like him. 

"Please, let me go!" shouted the hostage again.

"You better shut up before I slit your throat," shouted another minion as he pull out a knife from his pocket. No one there wanted or was willing to stop that minion. Seconds and seconds flow along with the hostage's sweat that drops non-stop. The knife was now touching his skin, ready to be slit open, the hostage can only close his eyes in horror, already accepting his fate that this is the last moment for him. 

"That's enough of teasing, let him go," finally, the leader spoke with a cynical smile. The hostage opened his eyes wide, turning his gaze towards the leader with tears falling all over his face. He was too speechless to say anything right now. That minion with the knife chuckled as he step back a few steps. He then playfully shoved his knife shinning blade to the hostage. 

"It's no fun if my minions end my client's life." said the leader as he walked towards the table in front of them and took a magnum 22.

............

"We need to be quick, he's taken out his weapon," Elise called through the earbuds, remaining calm. "Be patient, we need to approach them in a silent" Diana replied, she was hiding near the hostage location. She took a deep breath then continue, "In three..."

"Two."

"One."

"Agents, ambush."