14

"Happy new year liebling" Sebastian said into my ear before kissing me deeply "Happy new year Tesoro" I said when my lips left his and I smiled at him. 2020 was going to be our year!

"Happy new year" I heard and turned around, Daniel stood in front of me with a big smile on his face, I could see he was a bit tipsy. I smiled at him "Happy new year Dan" I said and gave him a big hug "I'm so proud of you, and I'm so happy I got to call you my best friend" he said into my ear. My eyes got teary and I looked at him with a little smile.

"No need to cry darling" he said and wiped away my tears "I'm happy I met you Dan, thanks for everything. I love you" I said and kissed his cheek "And I love you my best friend" he said and gave me another hug "Now I need a beer" he said and walked away.

-

I woke up by the sound of my mobile. I yawned and rolled over to my side. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. My eyes got big when I saw his name and my hand started to shake a little. Do I want to open this message?

Carlo:
You have 5 days from now to pick up all your stuff. It's in the garage. Then I want your key and we never have to see each other again!

I sighed and locked my phone, I rolled unto my back and sighed again. Still that asshole thought he could control my life. I grabbed my phone again and decided to text him back.

Amelia:
I will come get them, but I will check everything. If there's anything missing I will go through the whole house to find it!

I send him and locked my phone again, I rolled to my left side and smiled when I saw Sebastian still asleep next to me. I was happy to have him, to love him.

It felt weird to have somebody who truly cared about me, for me and not my money. And even though Carlo said he married me for me and not the money, I didn't believe him. Why would he otherwise take all my money the moment we got divorced?

Of course the last couple of weeks with Carlo went great, but it never felt like how it was at the beginning, he never gave me his whole heart anymore.

-

"Good morning" I heard and he smiled at me. I smiled back and shuffled to his side. He opened his arms for me and I laid my head on his chest and my arm around his torso. His hand trailed up and down my back and it gave me goosebumps. I closed my eyes and smiled.

"I got a text from Carlo" I said and I could feel his body tense up "What did he say?" "That I need to pick up my things" I answered and kissed his chest "Then we will go get it" "You mean, now?" I said "Yes" "Let's do it tomorrow. We need to arrange a flight and I thought that maybe we could ask Dan and Luc to come?" I said while my fingers trailed down his chest.

"Hmm, that's a good idea" he said and kissed my head "Now, let's enjoy the first day of a new year" I said and got up, he smiled at me "I like the sound of that liebling" he said and kissed me.

-

"Well, good morning you nasty people. I hope you showered" Daniel said the moment we stepped outside the bedroom. I started laughing and felt my cheeks getting red "Yeah we showered" I said and gave him a kiss on the cheek "Hope you brushed and cleaned your mouth too?" He said and stuck out his tongue "Of course I did" I said and walked towards the kitchen.

"So, I got a text from Carlo" Luca immediately looked up from his phone and Daniel got out of the kitchen "What did he want?" Luca asked, and I could hear the anger in his voice "For me to pick up my stuff. He said it was already in the garage" I said and gave them a little smile.

"When are we going?" Daniel asked, I looked up "I didn't even ask you to come?" "You don't have to" I smiled at him and mouthed a thank you, he just gave a wink in return.